Author Topic: How should I talk to my doctor? Please help me  (Read 1854 times)

Offline b8b

• Posting Member
Hey. Im gonna talk to my doctor tommorow. I don;t even know if I even have it or not. I am embarrased so can someone help me out. What questions should I ask? Should I just straight out ask "Do I have Gynecomastia"?

Also, my doctor is female so is it possible she might not even know about gyne?

Offline nothingworse

• Gold Member
Tell her you are concerned about your chest and ask her for her opinion. And ask her if you have gynecomastia and if you do what it is composed of. Some doctors may know more or be better informed about this condition than others. But, she should definetely know about gyne. I would ask her what she suggests and tell her how this has affected you and your lifestyle. If she is totally ignorant or doesn't help you out than you should seek the answers of a skilled Plastic surgeon. They usually can do a better job of answering your questions and get straight to the point of your problems. If you feel you are holding something back talking to your doctor don't, tell what is needed and don't leave anything important unsaid. You probably should post some pictures or ask some of us on the board. Let me be of some help to you. Most people say feel around your nipple area do you feel any hard lumps or large hard pieces. But, feel around your entire chest area for hard lumps. If you find a few or even one large one then you most likely have glandular gynecomastia. If your entire chest region is soft you most likely have psuedo gynecomastia or fatty gynecomastia. Basically if your chest sticks out or your nipples stick out or basically your chest is not flat you have some form of gyne. If you are overweight I suggest trying diet and excercise first. But, by seeing your doctor they can send you to an endo or the hormone doctor to see if your hormones, blood levels, and your body is functuning normally. By going through your doctor, getting your levels checked, and getting all you need to know about you answered you will be ready to seek out your solution. Good luck to you and remember don't be afraid to tell whatever you need to tell your doctor. I was afraid but, everything went smooth and now I am one step away from getting my surgery and glad I am as far as I am. Good luck

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024