Author Topic: final result  (Read 2419 times)

Offline anoniboy26

Greetings to all,
I need your opinion. I've been operated five weeks ago, I had much gland and a few fat, and now I'm still swollen over my areoles. My surgeon says that the skin must rollback, and drain internally, and there are no gland excess. How much time I've wait to see final results?, when I've to start worrying about this?
Regards.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Every patient is different, every operation is different, and every healing phase is different.

It is much, much too early to start to evaluate the results of your surgery.  You will only succeed in unnecessary and premature worrying.

You trusted your surgeon to operate on you --   why not trust his words when he tells you to relax and allow appropriate healing to occur.  You should give it at least 5-6 months before looking critically.

Dr Jacob s
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
I could not have said it better - I agree 100% with Dr. Jacobs.  Many patients tend to judge their results very early in the postoperative healing period, not understanding that it takes several months for tissues to recover and for swelling and bruising to resolve.  It's understandable though, because men who have struggled with gynecomastia for so many years are very eager to be rid of the problem asap.  But it does take time, and your surgeon is on your side here.
Be sure to listen to your surgeon and follow his instructions to the letter. Being patient isn't always easy, but it's necessary here.
Dr. Pope, MD
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
It sometimes takes several months to actually see the final result.  Each of us is different and we do not all heal at the same rate.  In some rare cases postoperative swelling could take nearly a year to diminish so you can actually see the final result.  
We have heard from some men who were initially unhappy with their surgical outcome that later realized that they had been well served bu their surgeons. 
If you have concerns, talk to your surgeon.  but generally all you really need is to be patient. 
Grandpa Dan

Offline anoniboy26

Every patient is different, every operation is different, and every healing phase is different.

It is much, much too early to start to evaluate the results of your surgery.  You will only succeed in unnecessary and premature worrying.

You trusted your surgeon to operate on you --   why not trust his words when he tells you to relax and allow appropriate healing to occur.  You should give it at least 5-6 months before looking critically.

Dr Jacob s

Thanks a lot for your words, Dr Jacobs, your share is very important for me.

Offline anoniboy26

[quote author=Dr. Pope link=topic=31300.msg200741#msg200741 date=1447185233]
I could not have said it better - I agree 100% with Dr. Jacobs.  Many patients tend to judge their results very early in the postoperative healing period, not understanding that it takes several months for tissues to recover and for swelling and bruising to resolve.  It's understandable though, because men who have struggled with gynecomastia for so many years are very eager to be rid of the problem asap.  But it does take time, and your surgeon is on your side here.
Be sure to listen to your surgeon and follow his instructions to the letter. Being patient isn't always easy, but it's necessary here.
Dr. Pope, MD
[/quote]

Wise words.. really thanks for your understanding. Like you say, impatience is my enemy.

Offline anoniboy26

...but generally all you really need is to be patient.

Thank you too, this sentence is great!!

I'm glad to have found this site, there are special people here. I'll share my progress..

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024