Author Topic: WHY IS THE SURGERY SO COSTLY ????  (Read 1308 times)

Offline kumarravi

• Posting Member
I fail to understand why the lipo+excision surgery costs so much over here in India . I know for damn sure that the surgery is absolutely safe. No blood transfusion is required . The average time consumption is 2 hours. The surgeon is hardly spending over an hour. At the most his charges must not exceed 10,000 Rs.(Mind it he is working at 5000 Rs. an hour and that too without any considerable risk). What more does one want !So ideally the charges should be around 20,000 Rs.I have seen people stating 80,000 and more. Are the docs in for earning money onlyyyyyyy?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The surgeon maintains an office and a full staff. If you were paying only the surgeon, the price would be an outrage. Since you are paying the entire staff and paying for the surgical facility too, The price is not really as much as you might think.

The other element is the matter of supply and demand. Not many surgeons are actually qualified to do cosmetic surgery and the demand for surgery is high.
Grandpa Dan

hammer

Don't forget the cost of the melpratice insurance to fight of the lawyers!

You can't have the TV on without seeing them trying getting you to sign up for law suits against someone!

It's a wonder anyone is willing to do anything or any research anymore!

Offline Dr. Cruise

• Supporting Doctors
  • Gold Member
  • Dr. Cruise
    • http://lagynecomastia.org/
As several of the posters have correctly pointed out, the cost of performing the surgeries and maintaining a highly efficient office is far more than you would expect. Add in the cost of OR and anesthesia and the cost is quite significant. In an effort to cut costs and make the experience much more comfortable to our patients we perform many of our type 1-5 gynecomastias (smaller versions) under local with oral sedation. You may consider asking your surgeon if this is a possibility. However, if he is more comfortable with general anesthesia I would not pressure him into local anesthesia. You always want your surgeon to stay in his comfort zone for the best result.
Dr. Cruise
Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
2081 San Joaquin Hills Road
Newport Beach, CA 92660
949-644-4808
Before and After Pictures
Types of Gynecomastia

hammer

It really is no different then any kind of business! I had a construction contracting company before becoming disabled and all the overhead is no different, and so many non-business people do not understand the (behind the scene expense) in doing the business!

Doc, you did a good discription on overhead with surgery but ever office and business has it as well as you and I know.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024