Author Topic: My first visit to Endocrinologist  (Read 3301 times)

Offline tsjas

• Bronze Member
I have moderate case of gynocomastia and I had a surgery done for it about 3 years ago. Unfortunately, my gyne reoccured after about a month. I went to see the endocrinologist today about gynecomatia. I went to the office and the nurse asked me the reason why I came there. I said that I am suffering from gynecomastia. She looked very surprised and said that she never heard of it. She asked me to spell it and she wrote it down. She asked me whether it is a thyroid disease and I said no. I told her that it is a condition when a male has breasts.  I was surprised that a nurse at an endocrinologist had never heard of gyne. Anyway, the doctor came after half an hour. He asked me whether I could have an erection and whether I could ejaculate. I said "yes" and then he asked me whether my parents have any disease. I said "no" and then he felt the breasts and also checked the testicles. He then told me that he would do some tests. He said that he would have me give blood sample for about 5 tests. Surprisingly, one of the test was a pregnancy test. He said that this test can reveal the presence of some disease related to my testicles. I went to the lab area and the woman at the lab looked at me suprisingly when she read about the pregnancy test. But other than that, everything went well and I am waiting for the results.

Offline brownman

• Gold Member
oh man you should of said "i just wanna be sure i had unprotected sex last night!"

Offline IlluminaZero

• Bronze Member
  • What the hell is YaBB 1G - SP1!?
I know what you mean, it's amazing just how ignorant the populace is to Gynecomastia. I went through many experiences somewhat similar to that, although definately not that humorous.  ;)

Sounds like they really didn't know what they were doing/looking for, would have been a fun opportunity to poke some fun at them.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024