Author Topic: What should I expect? My surgery is this Friday...  (Read 5144 times)

Offline sdsurfer

• Bronze Member
My surgery had been moved to this Friday as my Cardiologist wanted me to take Toprol 3 days prior and 3 days post surgery.  I've learned a lot about the surgery itself but what's it really like post-op?  I'm trying to prepare myself.  The nurse said to have easy things to wear (like zip up sweatshirts).  Also I bought a bunch of microwavable food and other items that are easy to make for food.  I do have a roommate but I think he's going to be out of town so I'm pretty much going to be on my own following surgery.  I think I should be able to handle it since you're basically suppose to take it easy post-op.  I was just curious if there's anything else I can do to make things easier right after surgery.  I've heard it feels like you've had a serious workout and you're just sore.  My doc also told me that sometime following surgery they would show me to massage any scar tissue out.  Has anyone done this????  Since it was not too much more money, I'm also going to get lipo on my abs since I have a spare tire around the belly.  Needless to say I'm pretty much scared sh1tl3$$ about everything but I think I've made the decision to go forward. 

I'm 32 years old and am not planning on telling anyone (not even family because I know they would be totally against elective surgery).
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 07:03:19 PM by sdsurfer »

Offline anothersufferer

• Posting Member
  • Going ahead on path of bare chest dream!
Dear sdsurfer,

firstly, i would advise you to keep trust in doctor, as you have already decided who is gonna operate you.
secondly, if i would be you, i would not go for double liposuction, rather would keep it one by one. Just to have faster recovery.

finally, I have been through surgery 15 days ago. it has been very good decesion so far. you might need one person to take care about you post operation while getting up from bad and while sleeping. Because stiches would be just fresh. though, if you do it slowly, mentally prepared, you yourself also can do that. post surgery - no pain at all. everything is very very well. just a slight discomfort would be there. Also, you might feel dizziness on the surgery day after operation, partly because of anaesthesia & partly psycological. It is good that you have taken food with you, but would again suggest to go with food which is in semi solid state atleast for 1 day post surgery.

you should be really very careful only for 4 days post surgery. After that your life would be a routine.

above all, just close your eyes and think about life after surgery, and you will say.. life really begins @ 32... it is absolutely nothing... just a fat and gland removal operation that's it...
Thanks,
Say "No" to Gyne

Surgery Date: 11th October 2007
Lipo + Excision
Plastic Surgeon: Dr. K. Ramachandran, Apollo, Chennai, India
Surgery Exp:
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php/topic,12088.0.html
Pre & Post Op photos:
http://www.clickfriends.com/anothersufferer/gallery329

Offline sdsurfer

• Bronze Member
Dear sdsurfer,

firstly, i would advise you to keep trust in doctor, as you have already decided who is gonna operate you.
secondly, if i would be you, i would not go for double liposuction, rather would keep it one by one. Just to have faster recovery.

finally, I have been through surgery 15 days ago. it has been very good decesion so far. you might need one person to take care about you post operation while getting up from bad and while sleeping. Because stiches would be just fresh. though, if you do it slowly, mentally prepared, you yourself also can do that. post surgery - no pain at all. everything is very very well. just a slight discomfort would be there. Also, you might feel dizziness on the surgery day after operation, partly because of anaesthesia & partly psycological. It is good that you have taken food with you, but would again suggest to go with food which is in semi solid state atleast for 1 day post surgery.

you should be really very careful only for 4 days post surgery. After that your life would be a routine.

above all, just close your eyes and think about life after surgery, and you will say.. life really begins @ 32... it is absolutely nothing... just a fat and gland removal operation that's it...

Thanks for the feedback.  I have stopped eating/drinking for surgery and am getting ready for bed.  Tomorrow morning I'll be in the operating room!  I know doing both at once adds more recovery time but I don't want to go through this again.  Just get it all over with now (plus I only have to pay anesthesia fees, etc. one time).  I do have faith in the doctor but still am nervous.  I've never had an operation other than my wisdom teeth out and I was under local then (not general).  I think my friend may come over tomorrow night and hangout with me.  I kind of hope he does so I'm not alone.

Wow after all this time I still can't believe I'm going to do it!!!

Offline anothersufferer

• Posting Member
  • Going ahead on path of bare chest dream!
Perfect!

All the best and keep everyone here updated about your results... :-)

Good thing is, once you go through general anaesthesia, you will not know what is happening and once you wake up, pain will be bare minimum & a slight discomfort.

Offline sdsurfer

• Bronze Member
Hey guys,

I had surgery on Friday.  I'm going to try to write about it once I'm feeling a bit better (as right now I still pretty much just feel like lying down).  I've taken some pictures so I will try to post those as well.  I think this is going to be a very successful surgery.

Offline sdsurfer

• Bronze Member

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024