Author Topic: Surgery with Dr. Pensler [PreOp/PostOp Pics Added]  (Read 3363 times)

Offline skv001

• Posting Member
Surgery with Dr. Pensler [PreOp/PostOp Pics Added]
I had my surgery yesterday.  First of all, thanks to everyone in this forum.  If i had not seen this forum, i would never have had the courage to go for a surgery.  here's my story....

I had gynecomastia since i was 12.  At that time, i didnt know what it was but i always knew that something was wrong with me. I managed to hide this from every one until now (i am 28 now).  I was always very skinny and reserved so it was not very difficult for me to hide this.  Not sure if my parents knew about this but they never confronted me.  

I guess, in one way i should thank gynecomastia as it helped me always be top in my career.  Eventhough i didnt know what it was, i always believed that there will be some cure for this and I should be financially ready for the cure.  Now i am really successullly in my career.  

Ok, enough about my past, here is my experience from yesterday.

I reached doctor's office at around 8:45 am in the morning. A nurse took me inside and explained how the surgery will be done and gave me a few documents to sign.  Once i gave her the signed documents, she measured my weight and gave me an antibiotic tablet.  I took the tablet and while we were waiting for Dr. Pensler, she started talking about various movies and books.  This was my first surgery so i was slightly nerveous but tried to involve myslef in the conversation.  After few mins, Dr. Pensler came in asked me to slip into the surgery cloths and once i was ready, he drew some marks on my chest and asked me to follow him into the surgery room.  It was a small room with a surgery table in the middle of the room.  I was asked to lay down on the table. The nurse talked to me about various things about my country and the culture while helping Dr. Pensler get ready for the surgery.  Dr. Pensler gave me an IV......ouch....it did pinched a little bit.  After few mins, the nurse told me that she is going to give me a sedative.  Dr. Pensler was cleaning me chest with a wet cloth and said that my heart will start beating loudly and i will fall asleep in about 3 mins.  I was able to listen my heart beat.  I was feeling sleepy and i was trying to keep my eyes open to warn the doctor not to start the surgery yet. But guess what, the surgery was already over and i was already in my compression vest.  I was not even a bit uncomfortable.  The nurse told me that my ride is waiting for me and asked me to put on my cloths while sitting on the surgery table.  I was completely awake but when i stand on the ground, i was feeling dizzy.  The nurse brought a wheel chair and took me to my ride.

Once i reached home, i got a call from the nurse and she asked me to take a pain medication and have some yogurt.  Then she asked me to take one every 4 hours. Today is my second day and i did not take any pain medications yet and i dont feel any pain yet.  I just feel like a day after heavy workout.  I was asked to put on vest for 72 hrs and take shower on monday.  I will post my pics after monday.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 11:00:56 AM by skv001 »

Offline skv001

• Posting Member
Today is my third day and i dont feel any pain now.  However when i touch my right nipple, i feel like there is a bubble there  :(.......it is difficult to explain but when i touch on one side on my nipple, the other side seem to bulge out a little bit.  This is totally freaking me out.  Can anyone please tell me if this is normal in the beginning?

Thanks!!!

Offline skv001

• Posting Member
Re: Surgery with Dr. Pensler [PreOp/PostOp Pics Added]
I got a chance to look at my chest today.  It did not find any bruises anywhere other than my aerola.  Overall it looked good.  Only thing that is freaking me out is the bubbles under my aerola.  I did not get a chance to talk to my surgeon regarding this yet (will call him today). 

Here are my pics:

Pre OP:
http://img15.imageshack.us/i/beforepicture001.jpg/
http://img132.imageshack.us/i/beforepicture002.jpg/

Post Op:
http://img23.imageshack.us/i/afterimg03116.jpg/
http://img4.imageshack.us/i/afterimg0311.jpg/

Offline john_loren

• Bronze Member
Re: Surgery with Dr. Pensler [PreOp/PostOp Pics Added]
I hope thiongs have improved by now, but as of your post you have horrendous looking scars on a previously acceptable (almost flat) chest, as far as I can see....

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024