Author Topic: Surgery 12/23 with Dr. Tholen Pre-op photos + 1 week post-op (update)  (Read 4522 times)

Offline shidu54

• Posting Member
Well, tomorrow marks the end of a long journey and the beginning of a shorter--albeit still significant--one.  I am nervous and excited and all in all very anxious to get this all over with.

Some Info about me:
-20 years old
-166 lb
-5'10''

I am getting surgery done with Dr. Richard Tholen of Minneapolis Plastic Surgery, Ltd.  I am getting excision + lipo.
I consulted 3 other plastic surgeons and though he was the most expensive, I felt like he would be the best man for the job in the long run.
Plus, he said he would do any revisions if they were necessary (i.e if the surgery doesn't turn out right).
I have to be there by 6am, and surgery starts at 7!
I sure hope he is a better morning person than I am...

Here are some pre-op photos of my gyne:

Front:
http://s736.photobucket.com/albums/xx7/shidu54/?action=view&current=tholen12-23086.jpg

From the left side:
http://s736.photobucket.com/albums/xx7/shidu54/?action=view&current=tholen12-23091.jpg

From the right side:
http://s736.photobucket.com/albums/xx7/shidu54/?action=view&current=tholen12-23090.jpg

Wish me luck for tomorrow; hopefully this is the end of the non-swimming, non-t-shirt wearing, and non-comfortable me!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I cant believe its been a week since the surgery... the amount of healing that has occurred in just one week is incredible and makes me wonder about how incredible the human body really is! 
I have had my vest on for an entire week (no peeking) and perhaps more importantly, no showering!  Right now its in the dryer-hopefully it doesnt shrink, its already a $%^# to get on right now-and i am enjoying un-compressed freedom.  How sweet it is.  Though I still have some major swelling on my right side and around the armpit of my left side, I am very pleased at the results of surgery so far.  If, as the doctor said today, the results will only get better, then I can't wait for what the next couple of weeks/months have to offer!

Here are some post-op pics (1 week)
http://s736.photobucket.com/albums/xx7/shidu54/post-op%201%20week/?action=postupload

-Note: the doctor said that he found a lot more gland than he was expecting- I guess its a good thing I finally decided to do the surgery instead of going at the exercise program hard-although thats next on my list post-healing... gotta get rid of that belly fat in time for summer....

comments, questions, and thoughts appreciated
thanks everyone
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 01:27:13 PM by shidu54 »

Offline Personal1

• Bronze Member
There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with your chest  ???..well good luck, hope it turns out the way you want it! Keep us updated :D

Offline shidu54

• Posting Member
Unfortunately, I think I am a crappy picture taker; my gyne isnt (or should I say wasn't) an extreme case but there was definetely some puffiness and some fat (the bathroom may have been cold too  :D)

The surgery went really well... Dr. Tholen said he was surprised at how significant of a presence the glandular tissue had but he got most of it out (I will ask him how much was removed at our next appt next tuesday!)  The anesthesiologist and head nurse came by and said that the results looked "awesome" on the operating table- heres hoping!

The pain is minimal at this point, but I haven't been doing much at all... just watching some movies and playing my 360
that being said, the vicodin definitely helps too...
i hope to put up post-op pictures in a week, after the drain comes out and I can (finally) take a shower.

Offline Personal1

• Bronze Member

Offline phantom51red

• Posting Member
Well done on youre surgery,wasnt extreme case,but as you get older it could have got worse,so you did the right thing  :)
merry xmas,maybe see you on MW2 as thats all ive been on since my surgery last week ;D

Offline shidu54

• Posting Member
hahah for sure man
i dont have my 360 with me at school, so whenever im home i go crazy
this just gives me an excuse to spend all my time honing my anti-terrorism skills  :)

Offline shidu54

• Posting Member
I cant believe its been a week since the surgery... the amount of healing that has occurred in just one week is incredible and makes me wonder about how incredible the human body really is! 
I have had my vest on for an entire week (no peeking) and perhaps more importantly, no showering!  Right now its in the dryer-hopefully it doesnt shrink, its already a $%^# to get on right now-and i am enjoying un-compressed freedom.  How sweet it is.  Though I still have some major swelling on my right side and around the armpit of my left side, I am very pleased at the results of surgery so far.  If, as the doctor said today, the results will only get better, then I can't wait for what the next couple of weeks/months have to offer!

Here are some post-op pics (1 week)
http://s736.photobucket.com/albums/xx7/shidu54/post-op%201%20week/?action=postupload

-Note: the doctor said that he found a lot more gland than he was expecting- I guess its a good thing I finally decided to do the surgery instead of going at the exercise program hard-although thats next on my list post-healing... gotta get rid of that belly fat in time for summer....

comments, questions, and thoughts appreciated
thanks everyone

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024