Author Topic: marijuana use after gynecomastia surgery  (Read 10400 times)

Offline ballin21

i had surgery to remove my gynecomastia 1 week ago. Ive had gyne since i was about 11 or 12 and started smoking marijuana when i was 16. Im 17 now and i'm just wondering if my gyne will come back if i start smoking again???!!??!!??. I really like marijuana  and dont want to quit but if it's going to cause me gynecomastia to return then i'll quit. plz help!!

Offline PBC

• Bronze Member
Use the search engine on this site and you will get pages of info on this topic. Can gyne come back when you use marijuana after surgery? YES!!! I am living proof. It took seven years of chronic use, but it did come back. There are a many other factors at work in my situation though. To say it was because of the weed only would be a bit of a careless statement. I guess it is like everything else in life, a calculated risk. Would you rather be high or risk having moobs again? Trust me, when you notice they are growing back, it is like the world caving in on you. Not a pleasant feeling at all. (Btw, i finally saved up enough $ and have surgery scheduled Dec.31. Guess I know what I will be doing for new years this year!)

Offline fluffy_tits

• Gold Member
Use the search engine on this site and you will get pages of info on this topic. Can gyne come back when you use marijuana after surgery? YES!!! I am living proof. It took seven years of chronic use, but it did come back. There are a many other factors at work in my situation though. To say it was because of the weed only would be a bit of a careless statement. I guess it is like everything else in life, a calculated risk. Would you rather be high or risk having moobs again? Trust me, when you notice they are growing back, it is like the world caving in on you. Not a pleasant feeling at all. (Btw, i finally saved up enough $ and have surgery scheduled Dec.31. Guess I know what I will be doing for new years this year!)

what surgery did you get?  lipo?
My before and after surgery pics: Leave a comment if you look!! (HAD THE WRONG LINK UP! THIS IS THE ONE WITH ALL THE PICS)
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=19342.0

Offline Trycer6

• Posting Member
ahhhh I was hoping this wasn't the case. I love weed and I REALLY REALLY REALLY don't want to quit but if I have to then I have to...

Offline fluffy_tits

• Gold Member
he said he took like 7 years...it could have been anything man!  could have been weed combine with somethin else...never know...

Offline zane949

• Bronze Member

Offline PBC

• Bronze Member
Yes fluffy, had lipo only. I know how lipo only/special cannula procedures are looked upon here, but the results were great. This wasn't fatty gyne either, they removed an impressive amount of glandular tissue. That being said, my next surgery on the 31st I have requested excision as well as lipo. I am not taking any chances this time. Fluffy, have you heard of a higher incidence of recurrance from lipo only? I haven't, but I am not leaving that to chance this time. (btw, I suspect my recurrance may have had something to do with weed, but I also gained 40 lbs in a year and a half which could not have helped..I know...I am an idiot) Also, fluffy your results thus far are pretty impressive considering the extent of your condition before surgery! I have a question...my doc said I will need to have drains put in if I am going to have him do an open excision..is this really half as gross and disturbing as it sounds? Thanks!!

Offline matthew11

• Posting Member
DONT BLAZE... I personally smoked weed for around 4 years on a daily basis and i know for a fact it caused my gyno to grow and get a lot worse. I quit last 420 and havent blazed since. My gyno has now stopped swelling and has remained close to the same size

Offline fluffy_tits

• Gold Member
Yes fluffy, had lipo only. I know how lipo only/special cannula procedures are looked upon here, but the results were great. This wasn't fatty gyne either, they removed an impressive amount of glandular tissue. That being said, my next surgery on the 31st I have requested excision as well as lipo. I am not taking any chances this time. Fluffy, have you heard of a higher incidence of recurrance from lipo only? I haven't, but I am not leaving that to chance this time. (btw, I suspect my recurrance may have had something to do with weed, but I also gained 40 lbs in a year and a half which could not have helped..I know...I am an idiot) Also, fluffy your results thus far are pretty impressive considering the extent of your condition before surgery! I have a question...my doc said I will need to have drains put in if I am going to have him do an open excision..is this really half as gross and disturbing as it sounds? Thanks!!

Well if you don't get the glands removed it can grow so that's why I thought yours grew back until i read that you gained 40lbs so now i think it was the weight gain that did it to you homie.  And thanks, yea im love how my surgery came out!  And to your last question about drains, nope it's not as disgusting as you think!  I thought it was going to be sick to but it wasn't.  Like every 5-6 hours you can empty out your drains and that's it.  You think it's all blood but it's mostly fluids in you a little bit of blood mixed in there that's why it's red but it's not think.  It's like red water basicly.  The drains are uncomfortable though and make it uncomfortable to sleep.  When they take them out it will still hurt for like a week in the spots that they came out of.  Honestly I felt the drains more than my chest hurting (i guess cause my chest was numb lol and still is a bit)  But im almost 3 weeks out and I can bend all the way down and tie my damn shoes now without it hurting so....hope that answers your question lol.

Offline KWS86

• Bronze Member
Oh please. This marijuana argument has got to stop.

PBC just informed us that he initially had a lipo only procedure and that he gained 40 pounds. The only way that dope affected him was his munchy habits.

I had gyne from age 10 or 12. I never even tried weed until I was 14 and I never smoked it chronically up until 2 years ago (I'm 23 next month). My gyne has never changed other than improving with weight loss.

My surgeon informed me that he personally doesn't believe there is any link and any studies that have been done have proven nothing conclusively.

This argument is so subjective it's not even funny. Do you realize how many different kinds of weed there are in this world? To actually prove this would be next to impossible.

EVERYBODY SMOKES WEED! From Canada, to the U.S., to the Caribbean, to South America, to Europe, to Africa, to Asia. Marijuana users do not make up the majority of gyne sufferers, in fact there are probably WAYYYYYYYYY MOREEEEEEEE tokers without gyne than there are with gyne.

Do I have facts to back this up? NO! OF COURSE NOT! And no one ever will... but we have to use our common sense here. PLEASE!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024