Author Topic: Great Brassiere Adventure  (Read 3459 times)

Offline 42CSurprise!

You handled that very well.  With the discomfort most of us have experienced along the way because of our bodies, navigating through this minefield is challenging.  Finding this website helps simply because we learn from experiences of other men dealing with the same issues.  As you observe, finding acceptance and then acting from a place of self-care rather than shame, is important.  I appreciate how each person here responds to their condition.

I'm pretty comfortable with the place I'm at in this moment.  I've contended with confusion both over gender and sexual orientation for most of my life, but I've come to understand that confusion is all rooted in the trauma I experienced as a young boy.  I do healing work on other venues and although I've discussed there my foray into crossdressing, my ongoing gynecomastia isn't germane.  That is the reason I've also visited crossdressing websites and spent time here.  It has helped my healing to get support at each of those places.  It has become clear that I'm a garden variety heterosexual with some kinky sexual tendencies who has a hormonal stew with diminished testosterone and elevated estrogen that produces this particular body, these very real breasts.  The kinky part makes shopping for and wearing a brassiere a bit spicy.  I can be enthralled with the appearance of my bosom and enjoy the feeling of being in public knowing I'm wearing a brassiere.  I know this is my thing and not automatically associated with gynecomastia.  But again, we each respond in our own unique way.  Sophie, for example, has chosen to transition.  Dale engaged in COS play.  There is no one size fits all here.  I'm grateful self-acceptance on this website comes with tolerance of differences among us.  That seems healthy to me.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2022, 01:34:10 PM by 42CSuprise! »

Offline SideSet

Offline 42CSurprise!

This is a bit of a shift in topic, but I thought this would be a good place to talk about it... it is certainly part of the adventure in relationship to wearing a brassiere.

Men have spoken about brassiere care, noting that rotating brassieres is important because they gradually and eventually wear and invariably need to be replaced.  I haven't been wearing regularly for long enough to get with that program, but I am noticing changes in how the brassieres I own fit my breasts.  Granted, there may be some growth in my breasts but what I'm definitely aware of is that the brassieres I've had the longest are loosening in a good way.  I wear only minimizer brassieres because I love how they shape and hold my breasts.  Of course, the cups are designed to constrain my breasts... hence minimizing them.  I'm aware that with time not only the band but the cups relax a bit.  I can adjust the band but not the cups.  But as the cups relax my breasts can take their natural form and I'm enjoying them a great deal.  I definitely will not be retiring these brassieres soon!  I am rather in awe of what nature has chosen to bestow on me... breasts of my very own...  

Offline Evolver

• Gold Member
....what I'm definitely aware of is that the brassieres I've had the longest are loosening in a good way.
I've also discovered that. My two most comfortable bras also happen to be the ones I've worn the most. They are still in good condition and do not appear to be overly stretched. Just goes to show that comfort wise, bras are really no different to a pair of shoes. You've gotta break them in, then they get better and better.

Another thing I discovered fairly recently, in my own adventure. I was always very careful to make sure the band was as close as possible to horizontal around my back, as it should be, and regardless of the bra I was wearing, I found that I had to adjust the shoulder straps to their maximum or close to it to achieve this. Then, I would often have to tug, tug, tug to keep the straps feeling just right. One particular bra of mine is larger in the band/smaller in the cups compared to my others (42A vs. 40B), it fits well on its inner hooks but is still loose on the shoulders mainly because of the wider set straps. It is the bra I tug at most! Anyway, despite the perfectly positioned band, I experimented and tightened the straps a good 1 1/2" and hey presto! No loose straps and no need to tug! So, what actually happened was I took advantage of the stretch in the straps to keep them in place, and the band is still properly positioned. The straps still don't dig in either. It seems so obvious now!

aboywithgirls

....what I'm definitely aware of is that the brassieres I've had the longest are loosening in a good way.
I've also discovered that. My two most comfortable bras also happen to be the ones I've worn the most. They are still in good condition and do not appear to be overly stretched. Just goes to show that comfort wise, bras are really no different to a pair of shoes. You've gotta break them in, then they get better and better.

Another thing I discovered fairly recently, in my own adventure. I was always very careful to make sure the band was as close as possible to horizontal around my back, as it should be, and regardless of the bra I was wearing, I found that I had to adjust the shoulder straps to their maximum or close to it to achieve this. Then, I would often have to tug, tug, tug to keep the straps feeling just right. One particular bra of mine is larger in the band/smaller in the cups compared to my others (42A vs. 40B), it fits well on its inner hooks but is still loose on the shoulders mainly because of the wider set straps. It is the bra I tug at most! Anyway, despite the perfectly positioned band, I experimented and tightened the straps a good 1 1/2" and hey presto! No loose straps and no need to tug! So, what actually happened was I took advantage of the stretch in the straps to keep them in place, and the band is still properly positioned. The straps still don't dig in either. It seems so obvious now!
Aaaaaah! Once we understand, know and then feel how our bras are supposed to feel when the fit is right, then, life is good! As ou bras age, they stretch. Most of us know, that's why we have 3 or 4 rows of loops so we can keep our bra in place as over time, it stretches. However, we tend to forget that our straps are also vulnerable to stretching and also need adjustment. So, if you are wearing a more "experienced" bra, check the strap adjustment too. You may find yourself having to reach in through the collar of your tops a little less often.

SOphir 😍🥰🤗

Offline Evolver

• Gold Member
^ Too true!

Once the penny dropped regarding adjusting the straps, I literally rolled my eyes, lol!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024