Author Topic: Membership fee?  (Read 3463 times)

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I'm just curious as to how many members would pay a fee to access this site?

Don't think Merle has any intentions of doing this but I was just curious as to what the membership numbers would be like if he did impose a fee....

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline 15ineedhelp

• Bronze Member
I wourldnt mind payin a few pounds a month.
But i think most people will leave as most dont have money for sugery....

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member

In my opinion the imposition of a fee would reduce the numbers of people using this site.  The way I see it is this is a self help group for people to share experiences; to offer and receive support often in times of great anxiety and sometimes despair.  I could not support any such suggestion to charge people for that help. 

If there are financial costs to running this website, then there surely must be a better way of raising the money.  Advertising revenue from companies such as Underworks etc would be my first thought.

Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

cody sockeye

i wouldnt pay. If you required money for access to this site you would have very few members. No one wants to destroy their privacy like that, plus young teenagers like me would most likely be turned off to this immediately. I agree with the person above, you should just go by donations.

Offline gabbyhey

• Gold Member
When I first found this site, I would have payed.  Now, several months later and after surgery, I wouldn't continue to pay for it and offer my free advice.  I don't check this as often, maybe once a week, and it wouldn't be worth paying for that.

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member
When I first found this site, I would have payed.  Now, several months later and after surgery, I wouldn't continue to pay for it and offer my free advice.  I don't check this as often, maybe once a week, and it wouldn't be worth paying for that.

I think Gabbeyhey’s point is excellent.

Those in dire need of advice and information may well be prepared to pay to access this site.  However those offering it may not be.  I mean who is going to pay to GIVE advice or offer the benefit of their experience?  Consequently the site might only be visited by those in need and sadly there might be very few people here to help them.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Yeah, I feel much the same way.

Also, many of the members here are in their teens. How many teens have a CC to use for membership fee and wouldn't be able to go to Mom and or Dad to use theirs. "Yeah, I need your CC to join Gynecomastia.org."...
"Gee son, what is Gynecomastia.org?"... "Well it's like this Dad....".  Nope wouldn't happen...

Anyways, thanks for the replies guys...

GB

Offline wolfman

• keep fighting my friends
if u payed by sms one time to get access to the site i think almoust everyone would pay, i could pay about 10$ i think.

Bye Wolfman
i finally feel like im a man

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Offline wolfman

• keep fighting my friends
sorry its a swedish word, sms is a text message on the mobile phone

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
In order to get guys to pay for access, you'd need to tease them first.

Give them access to the site free for 30 days.

After that, start charging.

Offline xxxxxxxxxx

• Bronze Member
sms = short message service.

That is swedish  ::) I never knew

I dont think the site is at a level where it can charge money. It is by far one of the best gynaecomastia discussion board. I also think charging money would commercialize the site too much.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024