Author Topic: Not sure if this is gyno or not, would you be concerned if you were me?  (Read 2919 times)

Offline altoids

• Posting Member
Hi All,

This is a stretch for me to be on this website and posting pics of myself. I'm definitely out of my comfort zone here...  I only have 1 pic that really showcases my gyno, but i have been working out too which the other pics can attest to.  I haven't taken any relaxed pics from all angles in a while but wanted to know if from these pictures you can see gyno or not?  My wife thought I had nothing to worry about when i mentioned my insecurities with her, but the psychological effects i guess have stuck with me since high school. Would appreciate some feedback.

Thanks,

Offline altoids

• Posting Member
here's another pic... this one showcases my gyno, this was when i first started working out...

Offline altoids

• Posting Member
This one is more recent... the shadows really make me look a lot better than in plain daylight.  Anyway, any feedback would be great, thanks all!!

ha032742

In the 2nd pic it looks like you may have gynaecomastia but the rest show a well developed masculine chest. Guess your gynaecomastia was mainly fat, as working out has virtually resolved it.

Offline altoids

• Posting Member
thanks, ha032742, for the comment.  Sometimes i think pics can look deceiving.  That pool pic was candid, the other ones I took myself.  I'll try and post some better angles tomorrow. 

hammer

To me you look like you have a very well developed male chest, something to be proud of back in my day! Now days guys don't seem to see it that way, but that's my thoughts.

Bob

Offline altoids

• Posting Member
Here are two pics from this morning.  I took these before working out and tried to stay away from shadows/angles that might hide any gyno.  The only thing missing from this is my puffy nipples, but i'm not as worried about that. Does my "potential" gyno look that bad?  This will be my last post with pics so any additional feedback would be appreciated.  Thanks to those who have already taken the time to respond.

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
I agree with the previous poster.  You look great and have done a super job of getting into shape.  The original photo by the pool suggests that you had mild chest wall fat - probably not breast tissue since you seem to have no fullness in the nipple areola area in your latest photos.

Many of my patients have a problem accepting that they're finally free of gyne.  That is, even after recovering from surgery and looking great, some guys seem to have a lingering psychological effect that keeps them from taking off their shirt in  public comfortably.  Maybe you're one of those guys- maybe not, but believe that you look great.  Congratulations on getting into super shape.  Most guys on this forum would kill to look like you (even me).

Dr. Pope, MD
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline altoids

• Posting Member
Wow, thanks Dr. Pope! I'm glad I found this community of guys!  I haven't been able to talk openly about this until just recently.  I will work through any nagging psychological issues, however this has been a great start to moving forward.  Thanks again to everyone. 

God Bless!

hammer

Wow, thanks Dr. Pope! I'm glad I found this community of guys!  I haven't been able to talk openly about this until just recently.  I will work through any nagging psychological issues, however this has been a great start to moving forward.  Thanks again to everyone. 

God Bless!

You're right, this forum has been a blessing for many men, because it is hard for a man to talk to someone about being bothered about the size of their breast! For the guys that need to accept for one reason or another can sometimes be even harder if you can not get surgery for medical reasons or financial reasons.

There are many of us that decide or need to wear support and don't have much of a choice about it such as myself at a 46H! This forum has brought the support and comfort to us as well!

Thanks to all who stay here and support each other whether be to get and go through surgery or go through the decision to accept and how to find and fit support!

We also must remember the fine doctors here that are we can depend on to give us honest open answers to our questions! This forum would be nothing without you as well.

God bless each and every one of you!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024