Author Topic: 6 Weeks Post-Op (With Pics)  (Read 918 times)

Offline JohnnyR714

Hello Everyone!
New to this forum, but definitely someone who constantly stalked and saw the results of many happy people. I've dealt with Gynecomastia since early high school, it ruined all my self confidence and thought that I would never get rid of the problem. I couldn't wear many of the clothing I wanted because my nipples would show through the shirt, couldn't wear those nice nike compression shirts to the gym, etc. I'm sure those reading w/ this issue know EXACTLY what I mean..
About 4 years ago I decided to have surgery, at that time my doctor (whom I won't name) said that my case wasn't bad, and that lipo would do the job. Well, i trusted what he said and although the results were good the first weeks or so, it slowly got back to how it was. I've always seen videos of these surgeries and wondered why the gland was not taken out, I was left to believe that my case was "mild", but I KNEW that I definitely had gyno.. Well months and years passed by, and even though I was in denial, I knew that I was back to step 1. I remember always pinching my nipples and knowing that I had a gland in there, I felt like I had to constantly hide this issue from everyone. I was uncomfortable with taking off my shirt and wearing certain clothing again, it was bad..

Around March 2018, I decided it was time to do something again, and this time do it right.. I shopped around, and found Dr. Manuel Guiterrez from TJ, I had a consultation and he immediately told me I needed both Lip0 + Gland removal, I was relieved knowing he knew exactly what to do. So before anyone asks, yes TJ is a very good spot to get a surgery for a very good price. I highly recommend dr. Guiterrez for Gyno surgeries, his entire staff makes you feel welcomed and they have state of the art equipment. Only 5 minutes away from the US border, so I knew I was in safe hands. Price was 4k sharp, that includes everything! So I easily saved around 3-4k driving 2 hours from where I live down to TJ. I had my GF drive me down there because I wasn't able to drive back down. My surgery date was June 8th, 2018.

I was beyond excited for this day to come, I been waiting for this day for years. Surgery date: I was the first patient attended, the surgery took about 45 minutes or so under local anath. I was able to go back home around 3-5 hours after my surgery which was nice. This particular doctor uses drains, which I dreaded but I couldn't do anything about it. The drains were syring's, which was nice because they were easy to hide. The only day that I called off was Friday, which was my surgery date, So i was back at work monday. I work an office job, so I don't do too much moving regardless. The surgery went flawlessly, no complains, I felt very good. Mild to no pain, but I'll say this, the drains annoyed the hell out of me. Typical post op heal: wear your vest for 4 weeks. I was back in the gym my 5th week, which was nice because I felt soooo lazy just laying down and not doing anything after work.

To conclude, i am very satisfied with my results. I am currently 6 weeks post op, and I know that it takes about 4-6 months for final results. I know I am still swollen because sometimes my nipples get a bit puffy from time to time, usually mid day but nothing bad.  I am currently dieting and going to the gym, I am about 15 pounds from my desidered weight, so that would help the aesthics of my chest even more. I can't wait to see how I look then, I hope to have a firmer and flat chest that will last me a life time!

Hope you guys enjoyed my story, any comments/questions/etc welcomed! Would love to help anybody with any questions they might have. Thanks for looking!

Offline Athena12@

• Gold Member
  • If you gat um flunt um.
Well it looks like you had a happy ending after you found the right doctor.  I hope you get the chest you desire I know Gyno can be hell, especially if you are young and it I was your age I would have it done too, But when I got it I was around 67 and now at 70 I don't care.  I am only a 36B which can be hidden by about anything except thin T shirts.  So I just let it be.  Again I hope everything turns out fine for you and that you can Kiss gynecomastia GOOD-BYE
If you got them flaunt them.  We all wear bras so wear what you like and to hell with the rest.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024