Author Topic: 20 years old when i got GYNE  (Read 1895 times)

Offline billygoat21

• Posting Member
Hi All, I have noticed reading through the older posts that most people seem to have developed GYNE when they were in their early teens or even younger. I didn't have this problem until i was about 20 and then all of a sudden when i gained a little weight it went right onto my chest and it has never gone away (i'm 27 now). Seems like my case is unusual? I'm also a taller guy, about 6'5", I have noticed that a lot of people who get GYNE seem to be taller, especially cases that aren't associated with people who would be considered obese at some point in their lives. looking at the glass half full i guess I'm happy it ruined my 20's rather then my teens where kids can be cruel.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
While it is most common for the onset to be in early puberty, it could happen at any time and for a long list of possible reasons. Most commonly the reason is not known.

The chest is a place where fatty deposits are both normal and very common. It would seem to be one of the first places where fat is deposited and the last for it to diminish with weight loss. Sometimes weight loss, even to an unhealthy degree, will not have a significant effect on the fat in the breast area.

I believe that you are correct in saying that it is more tolerable in your twenties than it would have been in your teens. Your reasoning is right on the money, Kids can be very cruel.
Grandpa Dan

Offline DrCALOCA

• Posting Member
    • www.gynecomastiamexico.com
JUST LIKE THE CAUSE OF GYNECOMASTIA, THE STARTING POINT CAN DIFFER FROM PATIENT TO PATIENT. SINCE THE VOLUME ASSOCIATED WITH GYNECOMASTIA CAN BE GLAND OR FAT, FLUCTIATIONS IN PATIENT WEIGHT AND STIMULATION OF THE BREAST GLAND (ANABOLICS, STERIODS, ALCOHOL, MEDICATIONS SUCH AS CIMETIDINE) CAN ALL CAUSE GROWTH OF THE BREAST GLAND.

TREATMENT SHOULD BE PURSUED IDEALY BEFORE 40 YEARS OF AGE. AT THIS TIME THE SKIN RETRACTS BETTER THAN AT LATER AGES.
Dr.Dr.Jaime Caloca Jr.
Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
(619) 734-2290 -www.drcaloca.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024