Author Topic: anti-inflammatory?  (Read 3531 times)

Offline a-man

• Silver Member
  • Gyne free!
im having surgery next week and was supposed to pick up four things from my pharmacist:

some anti-nausea meds, anti-biotics, painkillers (percocet), and an anti-inflammatory med (celebrex)...

thing is, i am allergic to the anti-inflammatory (allergic to sulfa based drugs), so my PS just cross it off the prescription

i am having power-assisted liposuction only (ps is prepared to do excision if necessary), because i believe my gyno is mostly fat. will me not taking the anti-inflammatory have any negative effects?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
You'll probably just swell up more so than if you took the anti-inflammatory meds. Geeze, JCF didn't give me a list of meds to take Pre-Op. >:(

PAL, to my understanding, removes both fatty tissue and glandular tissue. Please correct me if I am wrong.

John.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2005, 06:53:26 AM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline a-man

• Silver Member
  • Gyne free!
yeah... lista said he should be able to get most of the glandular tissue with the PAL

Offline Grandpa Bambu

yeah... lista said he should be able to get most of the glandular tissue with the PAL

Awesome my Man!

Good luck on your big day!!!   ;)

John.

Offline a-man

• Silver Member
  • Gyne free!
thanks bambu...

only 5 days to go.... but time seems to be standing still

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
anonoymous-man.  Put your hands on your hips and flex your chest.  Does it point out at the areola?  If so, there's a good chance you have excess gland tissue in there and it's not just fat.

I know this is a very unscientific test, but maybe it'll help.

Sorry, I needed to come back and add this part to my post.

as far as your anti inflammatory meds, they reliever pain by reducing the inflammed tissue in your chest.  

may be swollen a little longer.

may want to load up on the percocet for pain.

check with doc.  he might want to give you a larger dose of percocet because longer inflammation can mean longer pain.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2005, 08:35:47 AM by jc71 »

Offline allbah

• Bronze Member
celebrix is COX2 inhibitor, these are new generation of anti inflammatory drugs with proven less side effects on the gastrointestinal system (in english less stomach ulcers). they do contain sulpha, therefore its advisable to avoid them.

other non steroidals including ibuprofen do not contain sulpha.
Just a thought....acute inflammtion is a healing process...why do we try to suppress it????
one can never prepare to win a war, but one can prepare not to be defeated.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Acute inflammtion is a healing process...why do we try to suppress it????

U have good point there Dude!!!

John.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024