Author Topic: Please Help me to choose my surgeon!  (Read 3750 times)

Offline R.R.P

• Posting Member
Hello people! How are you all doing? Hope everyone is doing great at their own ends. Well, I have just come across this site few days back. I am aged 30 and also a patient of gynecomastia but with a severe one. I have developed it during the age of puberty and trust me it’s a huge one. I have always been overweight since I was 15 and I always thought that I have these man boobs because of my weights and it would go away if I loose weight. However, my efforts to loose weight were not that effective till I was 27-28. I sort of learnt to live with it but hated it more than anything in the world. At the age of 27-28 I started working out so hard that I had lost a large number of weights i.e. from 120kg’s to 85kg’s but I noticed being so horrified that my chest remained more or less the same. They just shrank a little bit but remained as same as it was. That frustrated me more and I have piled the weights back on unintentionally. I have always felt low, out of confidence and dealt with the situations which I guess many of us have gone through. This had made my life so miserable that at some point I felt like chopping them off with a knife. Till the date I have been very frustrated about this and always thought I was somehow cursed by God for some reason. But when I came across this life saving site I found that I am not alone. Many others like me are facing embarrassments and problems due to these unwanted portions of the body in their daily lives. I am sharing these because I know probably it will be only you guys who would know how it feels to be humiliated due to this problem. However, after reading so many success stories about people all over the world by some fantastic plastic surgeons I have decided to go for the surgery. But I guess I would have to wait few more months as I understand it is best if you undergo for the surgery being at your ideal weights. I am 6’1” with large bones and for me I think my ideal weight would be around 90kg’s. So I am hitting the gym again and tend to loose the weights by next 6 months and on the 7th month I will go for the surgery. I also need the time because I need to save up money to cover the cost for the surgery.

Now coming to the next part where I need all of yours valued suggestions. I am from Bangladesh and I intend to go for this surgery in India as it will be easier for me to travel as well as I believe will be a lot cheaper than other places. What I understand from this forum that surgeries done in India are with international standards with satisfactory results. I have decided to do it with any of the following surgeons. Dr. K. Ramachandran from Chennai, Dr. Anantheshwar from Bangalore and Dr. Sandeep Jain from Mumbai. I would your help to choose the right person to go to as it’s not possible for me to have face to face conversation with any of the surgeons as I would travel to India when I will be ready to go under the knife. I also need your advice on another matter. How many days would I have to stay in India to undergo the total procedure? That is starting from pre-op tests till a certain stage of recovery when I would be able to fly back home. Guys please advice me and give your suggestions as you think fit and proper. Thanks to all of you in advance. 

Offline toinkz

• Bronze Member
hello there!! i'm from the Philippines and I was operated 2 weeks ago.Based on my experience I was operated about only 2 hrs. and then after gland incision I just walk alone in the mall,eat some meals..take some pain relievers and after that i went home to my province(a 5 hr journey) alone..so in short you can still walk after that and operation will take a day or so depends on the doctors performance(some of them took only 30 mins for operation depends on  your situation).I didnt took a leave from my work but of course I took care of my chest and it will heal about a week for me befor I can stretch my chest..I recovered fast bec. i took a lot of Vit.c in which it will heal the wound faster.Doctor adviced me that i can do now some cardio work out and will hit gym after 2 weeks just to make it sure...so it takes me to get 100% healthy after 3 weeks time.Just like I said it depends on how your body will heal fast :D

Offline cybot

• Posting Member
R.R.P

I heard dr. ananteshwar is good.. but he is based in bangalore.. i am from mumbai.. a guy on this forum has undergone dr. sandip jain's treatment... and his result look good.. i have met dr. sandip jain personallly.. man he is so cool.. seriously he listens to u and listens almost everything u speak..a very soft spoken person and i feel a non commercial doctor... u can ask him anything u want and he wont budge to answer it.. i have finalized dr. jain and would be undergoing surgery within next week anytime.. so if u cud w8 for say 1 month.. u wud be able to see my results and then decide on urself.. i would definitely upload my pre and post op pics.. he sits in saifee hospital which i feel is quite a good hospital..

wat he told me was.. that i would have to stay for 1 or 2 nights and the hospital charges in Indian rupees is going to be 55k including everything and the medicine and everything.. plus extra would be around 2k for pre op medical test (hcv,hiv,sugar etc) plus around 2-2.5k for compression vest.. so in all probability u shud be done with 60k INR

just give urself some time.. and u wud probably have my pre and post op pics which wud then help u to decide better..

i just hope my surgery goes alright and i hoep i get a good result.. fingers crossed.. prayers needed!!!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 02:21:38 AM by cybot »
19/03/2010 My Surgery Experience with Dr. Sandip jain => http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=20377.0

Offline R.R.P

• Posting Member
@ Toinkz

Thank you very much for the reply and congratulations on having a successful surgery. Your comments are certainly very encouraging for any patient who wants to get this surgery done. I hope the recovery goes well for you and have you posted your pre and post operation pictures?

@ Cybot

Please accept my best wishes upon your surgery next week. I hope and pray that it goes really well. I believe that’s what we patients look for right? A doctor who is by profession commercial but acts non-commercial when it comes to interacting with the patients. I have even read in the previous discussions that he is a man with great attitudes. Obviously I have read that Dr. Ramachandran and Dr. Anantheshwar deal with the patients with similar manner. Therefore by reading all these posts by many users of this forum I am sure that any of these three doctors would be the reliable ones to have the surgery with. Certainly I don’t show any disrespect to other surgeons but its just I am not acquainted with them.

I would surely wait with eagerness to see your pre & post-op pictures and as I said I hope it goes exactly the way you want it to go. Cybot, has Dr. Jain told how that how many days a patient would require including the pre-op tests? And would the patient need to come back every now and then for check ups? I mean, as I will have to fly to India for this surgery therefore, I would have to make a plan about the total stay in India. And do you think the charges of the surgery would vary depending on the size of the gynecomastia? As I have mentioned above that I have a severe form I guess it will take the operating surgeon more time than the usual gynecomastia cases. So I thought may be the surgeon would charge more based on individuals case or it is a general charge that applies to anyone who undergoes the surgery. Once again I congratulate you for the upcoming surgery and pray that everything goes perfect.

Offline cybot

• Posting Member
hey r.r.p actually today i am supposed to get my hcv report.. and i hope its normal.. rest all the reports have been normal thanx god for that.. i don't think the docs might charge anything depending upon the size of the gland or size of gyne.. IMO u shud visit his site and there u can see some different size gynecomastia that he has operated on.. plus there u can get his mail address from there.. mail him he replies back within a day or two.. rite now i checked my mail box and his reply was there.. so he will help u.. tell him bout urself and wat u need..from him he may tell u everything..

secondly about ur question of staying in the hospital.. he told me that i need to stay there for 1 or 2 nights.. and then i can go home.. thing bout staying 1/2 nights is that..there's some liquid that needs to be oozed out if u have to undergo excision and it needs some time. so before u go they will do this final thing.. plus IMO its safe to go for 2 nights stay u loose nothing ?.. just stay in the hospital and watch the IPL :D and no please dont worry.. u dont need to come back to doctor again and again for check up.. but i cant guarantee u unless u develop some complications.. as with every surgery there's some amount of risk associated..  but this is highly unlikely.. hope for the best.. i suggest u atleast have an email contact with dr jain.. u may find so much from him directly.. if u want u can give my reference.. let me know so that i can pm u the details....i am going to meet him in few days in order to fix up my surgery date... u want me to ask anything to him.. u wud like to... ?

PS: My dad just gave me a call.. my hcv report is also fine. so all well by teh grace of god..

peace!!!!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 08:09:09 AM by cybot »

Offline R.R.P

• Posting Member
@ Cybot

Bro, I m very sorry for such a late reply, as I wasn’t well for last couple of weeks, been admitted to the Hospital. I hope you had all your tests done properly and as far as I think by now you probably have gone for the surgery. How did it go? Let us know about the post op results. Are you using drains? How long will you have to wear it for? I wish you all the best and hope that you come up with the best results as you expect. It will be very generous of you if you can pm me the details of Dr. Jain so that I can mail him or contact him through phone. Thank you once again and all best bro!!

Offline cybot

• Posting Member
r.r.p i am done with my surgery... meanwhile check ur pm i have some piece of information for you....

Offline fighter

• Bronze Member
hey cybot congrats

please  share your Surgery experience , pre and post operation pics and surgery cost ?

thnanks in advance
FIGHTER

Offline R.R.P

• Posting Member
Congratulations Cybot! Hope everything is going perfect for you. Thank you very much for your informations. They are certainly a BIG help!! Waiting to see your pre and post op pictures.

Offline cybot

• Posting Member
guys i am done with everything..all the article writing and stuff.. ;D and everything.. just hold on... till tomorrow.. tomorrow i am going to se emy chest for teh first time.. i am just waiting for my first post op pics.. fingers crossed...

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024