Author Topic: At what size did you start feeling the need for a bra?  (Read 10688 times)

Offline JohannK

• Silver Member
Bit of daft question if you think about it
Size  does not correlate with the need for a bra.
It's more a matter of when did I start feeling uncomfortable enough, as a man, to even consider  wearing one.
For me it was when I was 34A now 34B, Sore nipples that showed through T Shirts enough to realise that there was more than a hint tissue behind the nipple. Instinctive holding of the breasts when running, going down stairs  and hopping over dry stone walls and stiles in order to stop the awful "jiggle".
Seeking help from my Doc, who advised a bra, was a matter of seeking comfort not whether I was of a size that demanded it.

Equally wearing a bra  is not about feminisation but about comfort. The chest is not the only part of the body to change shape and other items womens clothing will often provide a much better fit . 

Just for the record, measuring by usual female orientated methods  made me a 38B initially, but 34A fitted and stayed in place which  backs up the oft given forum advice to get fitted. A good fitter will almost size you by sight  and make sure the bra fits you rather than making you squeeze into the size measuring suggests.  There are just so many variables

I can only imagine how small the band will be if that's the case for me.

My measurements are 76/93cm, which puts me at 34C.  I've also gone down to 74cm under at one point, which means I have a very real possibility of going into 32 band territory (72cm) when I'm finally rid of this abdominal fat.  Imagine a man who's 182cm tall, which for the metrically impaired translates to 5'11.5), with a 30" band size (or even less)!

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
Don’t know the size, but about two years ago I started to feel ache/pain from my boobs from daily activities. I’ve had gyno since I was a teen and could pass the pencil test at 14. I absolutely loved breasts on women, but having my own? It was....... complicated. Didn’t learn until my mid 20’s that most women didn’t care I had boobs and some actually liked them. Been wearing compression tees for the last two years, yes they’re uncomfortable. I’ve lost 15 pounds and if anything, my assets are bigger. Probably the meds I’m on. Month or two ago I found this site and I swear I’ve probably read 90% of the articles. It made me realize I’m not alone, it’s not going to make me any less of a man to wear feminine attire because that’s what fits and gives me the COMFORTABLE support I need. Yes I’ll keep the compression tees but I am adding bras to the mix. As to my size? Probably 42 D now. A selection of bras will arrive next week. We’ll see.

Edit: Since this post, I am a 42D and am wearing a bra daily. Feel weird without one now and with all I’ve learned on how to minimize the look, I feel I look better with one on than without.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2020, 11:00:50 PM by Traveler »

Offline blad

When i was a 42b when i started excersizing to lose weight.. I now wear a 38A/B sports bra.  I actualy mostly fill a 36C i tried on but i would more likely fill a 36B.  I ware it when i excersize walking briskly Or jog they bounce and hurt.  I fell im borderline where people may think im wierd and to small to need one but they help support while working out..
Well I thought I was a A or small b but I was a C and now a D cup / and I’m sure a DD now / and doctor says I’ll probably go bigger but I don’t want to do surgery/ worse thing is summer time trying to hide my breast in a tee shirt and sweating I know they can see my bra straps and sweat stains from bra /
With regard to minimizing anyone seeing your bra, a T shirt is more revealing than a darker or patterned button down shirt. I find that even a lightweight button down shirt can hide a bra outline very well if it has some pattern and is not too translucent. The color of the bra can of course be important in minimizing its visibility to others in a thinner shirt, with a nude color being a logical choice for stealth. Finally, overly fitted shirts would be your enemy as they can review the bra outline more as you move about. It does not need to be a baggy shirt, just not supper fitted.

With a such a shirt in warm weather, I do not give it a second though that my bra is visible when out in public. I forget that I am even wearing a bra as it feels so natural like wearing a pair of socks, and am completely confident that people do not notice the outline of my bra either. The projection of my breasts will always be there, but even that is shaped better by the bra with the further benefit of controlling the attention that bouncing boobs can create. 

Basically, I feel actually less conspicuous when wearing a bra than I would without.
If the bra fits, wear it.

Offline mgr

• Bronze Member
The first bra I was fit for was a 38B and then now a C.  The soreness is pretty distracting if they are not supported all day. My endocrinologist said the T I am taking will cause the soreness.  So as long as I stay on T, she thinks they will be sore unless my E drops a bit more. The E has dropped a bit and the soreness is less, but no were near comfortable to go without a bra.  

I am like Hammer, I lost both my testes and do not make any T. It is undetectable if I do not take put on the Testosterone Gel.  The real reason on am on the T gel is for bone health. At present, my bones have gotten stronger over the past couple of years since being on the gel, so I will continue so I do not get osteoporosis.  

Best to all.

Offline meiningen15

• Posting Member
I didn't really have size in mind when I started I became very conscious of them when I took up exercise in an effort to lose weight. I felt I needed some kind of support and after trying a compression vest and hating it I wondered if a bra might help. It took some time before I bought one mainly as an experiment, after several weeks of measuring I settled on a 44a. It wasn't a great fit but it helped with the jiggle when I walked so using the info from bra makers on the internet I then tried 42a  the back band was OK cups were too small although it did help a lot during exercise . Settling for a 42b I then searched for a more comfortable bra that I could wear all day and not just for exercise. That came about when I found the Naturana minimiser a wire free soft cup bra that comes in a variety of colours. I started to buy my bras from a local Lingerie retailer and after a while confessed to her that the bras were for me explaining myself as fully as possible. She was very understanding and offered to give me a visual check which I accepted. Thanks to my continuing exercise and diet regime I had altered so she suggested I try a smaller band and larger cup. I now am much leaner than I was but my breasts look and feel bigger and a 40c seems to be OK at the moment. So in retrospect I feel I felt the need when they were 42b 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024