Author Topic: buying bras  (Read 2578 times)

Offline benusa

• Silver Member
You look good in it and certainly fill it.

aboywithgirls

Sophie,  did things change for you when you no longer presented as male?  Bra styles change? Attitude as to how others saw your chest change?  Not that your flashy,  you know what I mean.

Great questions!

Well, there were definitely some changes. Lots of them! As far as my bra styles go, not really much difference there. I still have a few of the same bras from my former life that I still wear. One aspect that did change was when I needed to purchase a strapless bra when my sister asked me to be her maid of honor for her wedding. After having to wear a bra for 30 years, I never had any occasion to wear a strapless bra, but, I needed one for the gown she had chosen. (Curvy Kate Luxe 36H and garment tape in case you were curious). The only other aspect and a more recent change was that I now own a couple of push up bras. I had steered clear of them because I never wanted to add any more volume than I already had. My fitter insisted that I try one. Her and I happened to be boob twins (same size and shape). I was very happy with the shape and support that I had with a push up bra. 

As a woman, much chest definitely gets A LOT MORE attention from both men and women! I don't care for it, but, it's ok, it goes with the territory. Different tops or dresses I wear invite more attention than others and I just have to be careful about what I wear and when I wear it. 

Overall, I still wear regular underwire, mostly full coverage bras for everyday wear. I have always been naturally attracted to bras that are as beautiful as they are functional whether I was wearing a men's button down shirt and tie or a midi length off the shoulder dress. 

😍🥰🤗❤️
Sophie 

aboywithgirls

Gentlemen, I don't know your tastes in styles, but I'm not one for utilitarian looks, and I most likely share Sophie's preference for bras that are both supportive and pretty. So, I'm slowly building a rotation of lace bras with side support. This is one of my newest, a 36D black Panache Envy.
Jonni,

I can say that you DO share this girl's preferences with your bras. I have that same bra! I bought her last year at Zoe and Company Bra Fitters. It looks fabulous on you!

🤗🥰😍
Sophie

Offline JoniDee

• Silver Member
Thank you, Sophie and Ben for the compliment! I checked out the web site for Zoe and Company Bra Fitters, Sophie...I'm jealous that you have that resource. :( There's no such store within hundreds of miles from me! :'(

Offline jan1north

• Posting Member
Gentlemen, I don't know your tastes in styles, but I'm not one for utilitarian looks, and I most likely share Sophie's preference for bras that are both supportive and pretty.
When asked, I tell the SA “good fit and function are more important than style”.  This opens the door for trying on more than utility sport bras that seem the least feminine of the bra styles.  So there are some lacy as well as smooth, very feminine and very utilitarian styles in my dresser.

They all get covered by a shirt anyway!

aboywithgirls

Gentlemen, I don't know your tastes in styles, but I'm not one for utilitarian looks, and I most likely share Sophie's preference for bras that are both supportive and pretty.
When asked, I tell the SA “good fit and function are more important than style”.  This opens the door for trying on more than utility sport bras that seem the least feminine of the bra styles.  So there are some lacy as well as smooth, very feminine and very utilitarian styles in my dresser.

They all get covered by a shirt anyway!
Indeed! They do get covered by  whatever you are wearing for a top. 

When bras started out, they were strictly a functional undergarment for women. They were designed to shape and support a woman's breasts. Manufacturers began to make them prettier and more functional with different styles that were more specialized. 

In my top drawer, I have quite a variety of bras to choose from depending on what top or dress I'm wearing. Sometimes I need more lift and sometimes I need to minimize. Being a 36H UK sizing or 36I US sizing, is challenging sometimes but good support and shape, even  for me is  always the most important aspect in choosing my bras.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024