Author Topic: Finally tried an underwire bra  (Read 3410 times)

Offline Lbrown

• Posting Member
I have to say, the support feels good. Straps are much lighter than my standard sports bras. However, it does seem to make my boobs appear more prominent, i.e. lifted and separated. This one will be for around the house wear I think.

Offline Johndoe1

It's amazing how much support a wire can provide. I prefer the support and feel and appearance of my breasts in an underwire. Things just stay in place better. Yes, they are a little more feminine in appearance, but they appear more natural in shape and that helps keep things from standing out and are more easily overlooked. I prefer the separate breasts of an underwire verses the uniboob of a sports bra.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Orb

I'm glad you gave one a try and are feeling the benefits of it.  They do gather, shape and hold things where they need to be.  The none wired and sports bra can and do contain tissue however I too like the feeling and look of a well fitting underwire.

Busted (and happy)

After trying an underwired, for me that was the only way to go for comfortable everyday support. The extra projection is well worth putting up with for the extra projection for the comfort gained.
It did not take long to realise that people don't notice or care and it did not take long to actually like the slight shape change myself
For exercise and when my breasts go through periods of discomfort I would say a push up bra is even better for stopping aggravating jiggle.
I get you are not "there* in your thinking but stash the info away for the future.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2022, 06:36:50 AM by Busted (and happy) »

Offline Gotboobs

• Silver Member
My wife is the one who suggested I try a underwire bra. Jockey cushion wire 38B. I have three of them and they fit like a glove. Really don’t know I have one on most of the time. And yes the projection is real and it’s padded. I wear them on days when I’m sore or nipples sensitive. Those days when I need my boobs to have as little movement as possible without being smashed with a sports bra. The bra holds my boobs in place and has protection with the padding. And in the winter months the extra projection is easier to hide. Finding the right bra for men and women is a journey for sure. That’s why they make so many difference ones🤣🤣

Offline gotgyne

My wife is the one who suggested I try a underwire bra.
You're a lucky guy with such a wife. She is a jewel.
John
A bra is just an article of clothing for people with breasts.

Gino

I'm generally getting beyond the "have to hide" part of my gyne. I don't give much of a crappenzola any more what strangers think, so after much experimentation I too wear underwired types except when with friends, then I minimize all I can. 

Out in the world, I'm not trying to project any more than necessary so I only wear wired unlined styles without pads, no push up, no foam lined cups and no "wonder" styles work best.  The exception is Victoria's Secret "push up without padding" style because I think that's a marketing term as they don't push me up but do offer some relief from sweaty under boob folds :-)

Add to that VS is now my "go to" brand because I found I can buy my preferred style online with 100% confidence a 36B will fit. They sufficiently insulate my nearly always erect nips and save me a bit from painful bumps to them and are generally affordable.  

Offline 42CSurprise!

Another vote for wearing an underwire brassiere.  Actually, my interest in men wearing brassieres led me to a number of websites with conversations on the topic.  That was before I found this website.  I imagine I encountered some of the men here on those sites and I definitely welcomed their guidance, their self-acceptance.  So when I decided to buy a brassiere I focused on underwire brassieres that were unlined.  I don't have sensitive nipples that needed protecting.  After a bit of trial and error I found a line of moderately priced brassieres from Lilyette that fit perfectly.  A good underwire brassiere pulls my breasts front and center, creating an appealing shape.  The soft cups hold each breasts wonderfully well.  I love both the feel and the look of my breasts when I wear this brassiere.  Glad you chose to explore that option.

Here's the brassiere that works for me... Lilyette Bali Bra Plunge Into Comfort Keyhole Minimizer.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2023, 04:25:15 PM by 42CSuprise! »

bikerbob

The only complaint I have with underwires is that the hooks and strap adjusters are usually visible.  I usually wear a fleece vest all winter so it hasn't been a problem lately.  I have quit caring if I project and actually kind of like it.

Normal boobs

I  quickly migrated to an underwired.
Can't understand the hesitation and sloth like speed of some posters. 
Comfort. Immobilisation and security of all being gathered in

Orb

I agree.  It might just benefit many here to try a well fitting underwire. 
42C based on your love of and comfort with that bra I did try one.  It is a very comfortable, supportive and nice shaping bra.  As noted, the shaping of my chest is much nicer wearing than not.  

Offline Busty

I think underwire bras provide the best fit to males with female breasts like we have 

aboywithgirls

I've worn underwire bras almost exclusively for 30 + years. The support and shaping they provide are unmatched by soft cup bras.

I know that there are many here who may think that shaping isn't important to themselves. I understand that. However, I feel that if you have breasts, you don't have to flaunt them but, if you have them, maybe having them look their best is a good thing. This may be the path towards not only self acceptance but also the path towards universal acceptance that men have breasts too, and they can look good and maybe even attractive with them. 😍

Just a thought 😘🤗😌

♥️Sophie♥️

Offline 42CSurprise!

I agree.  It might just benefit many here to try a well fitting underwire. 
42C based on your love of and comfort with that bra I did try one.  It is a very comfortable, supportive and nice shaping bra.  As noted, the shaping of my chest is much nicer wearing than not. 
I find the brassiere remarkably comfortable and the price is certainly right.  I buy most often through an E-Bay retailer and I generally can buy a brassiere for under twenty dollars... The 42C brassiere is out of stock at the moment.  Fortunately, I'm well stocked up  and have no need to add to my collection.  Smaller band sizes appear to be readily available.  Glad you are enjoying your new purchase.

Offline benusa

• Silver Member
I’ve been wearing a bra around home for almost a year now. There was a period of time I preferred the sports bras but now I rarely wear those. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024