Author Topic: Wife mentioned sports bra for the first time  (Read 1839 times)

Offline pastthepointofreturn

• Posting Member
Other than an occasional flick of the nipple my wife hasn't said much of anything about my breasts. Until last night. 

We started walking in the evenings with a neighbor couple.  Tonight when we got home my nipples were itching like crazy.  I thought because it was really cold outside and then I was inside with the heater. She said probably my shirt and jacket rubbing on them while we were walking.  A little while later she saw me scratching my chest.  She said I should put some lotion on my them.  As she was walking away she said I will have to get you a sports bra.  I was caught so off guard I froze up and said haha.  I am going to complain about itchy nipples after our walks often hoping the conversation comes up again.  She likes to shop online, I can ask her to order me one.  This way she is researching and getting something she is comfortable with me wearing.  Then she will want me to try it on for her to see if it fits.  Then she will be asking before our walks if I have it on.  I will have to wear it then.  After the first walk if I say how much better that feels she will have me wearing one every walk. Then who knows she might think I need to wear it more often.  I think her comment yesterday was a huge deal because it opened up the dialogue for the first time.  

Dudewithboobs

This reply is brought to the forum sponsored by the word Jealous in partnership with the word Envy lol

bikerbob

A low impact sports bra will protect your nipples and keep things from moving around without squashing your boobs.  Plus they are about as undetectable under a T shirt as you can get.
A Hanes Get Cozy is a great "training bra" for guys who are nervous about taking the next step.  Lots of us here order from herroom.com.  They don't care if you are not a girl and recognize that some men need bras for comfort.  Once you try it, you won't go back.

• Posting Member
I looked up the hanes get cozy. It does look like a good choose.  I hope the conversation comes up again so maybe I can try it.  

Dudewithboobs

Hands makes a good reliable product. Avia is a good brand too in my opinion. 

bikerbob

You can also order direct from Hanes and your local Walmart probably carries that one.  Most bra makers have something similar.  Walmart carries Fruit of the Loom sports bras.
Your wife already brought up the subject.  It will feel really awkward, but just ask her to get one for you.  You may be surprised at how willing she is to help you.

• Posting Member
I don't know if I can bring it up.  Over the years I have tried to introduce some kinks that she wasn't interested in.  I am really afraid if it is my idea she will think this is another one of my weird kinky things.  I am worried she will think I want to be more feminine by wanting to wear a bra. 

If she sees I need one and suggests it again and I can agree it is a good idea while expressing concerns. Then I believe she will see it from a different view and be supportive. 

Maybe she has known for a while and just hasn't said anything.  I feel if I continue to complain after walking or exercising the conversation will come up.  To be honest, I am nervous about the outcome.  I am sure a sports bra would be beneficial. I have been enjoying the winter wearing long sleeves and undershirts.  Now that warm weather is coming I am dreading wearing T shirts. A bra might help that, but the thought of wearing one on a regular basis makes my heart race. 

Dudewithboobs

It’s a fair assessment and assumption. Unfortunately I don’t find many women are gonna notice breasts on a man and any pain or complaints noted be assigned to the idea of “sorry to hear babe crazy idea. I know you have mentioned your chest size and pain and I don’t mean to offend but maybe try a bra if you’re open to the idea”. 

I have had same concerns for a year now as my boobs have grown fuller. I tried myself to sleep shirtless and my wife goes to bed later than myself and I lay on my side usually facing her direction and my chest and cleavage has become quite a bit. I’ve tried during warmer nights go to bed with bedding lower than usual so my chest is on full display hoping when she goes to bed she has a OMG moment and did this awhile getting her while I sleep aware to my breasts. Hoping she’d bring it up cause I have no clue how to and am embarrassed to even try to. Wife and daughter it just feels shameful to ask husband and father to be ok to wear a bra. 
We used to go to the gym together and we don’t anymore but had hopes of going to gym again together and show when running my issues and make gauging complaints about soreness I get and such. And if she didn’t somehow bring up what do you think about me trying a bra cause whether you see them or not I do and def feel them and think it may help. 
But so far no luck in my end. 

I hope your wife is supportive and accepting. It is a fair fear to think your husband secretly is wanting to wear women’s clothes especially a bra that’s so defined as feminine for not totally honest reasons. But hopefully there’s a seeing is believing moment for ya where she sees them and believes a bra is an honest resolve. 

• Posting Member
We walked again tonight.  Afterwards I complained about my nipples itching again. 
She said 'you are going to have to cover those when you are exercising and walking. Like I said yesterday, a sports bra'.
I skeptically replied, 'A sports bra? I don't know'
She then suggested a compression shirt or using bandages when i walk.  I told her I tried a compression shirt and wasn't comfortable and I wouldn't use bandages.
Her response was, 'that is why i was thinking a sports bra.'
I said, 'I don't think I can order that.  Maybe you can find what I need for me.'
We went inside and sat down to watch TV. She looks over and says maybe her tank top would work. She gets one and has me try it one, but it was too lose.
She suggested my wife beater is tighter and I should maybe try wearing that under my t-shirts a few times before she orders a sports bra. 
That is where we left it for the night. 

I was looking forward to the walk all afternoon so I could get the conversation going again. I think it went great. She had a few suggestions and talked about her nipples chafe on things really easy.  I don't think she feels like this is some kind of kink and she is trying to help.  My wife loves to shop online. When the wife beaters don't work I do believe she would do some research and try to order me something that is concealing and not too feminine to make me feel comfortable. 

Funny thing is she never mentioned my breasts. not the size or anything. She said I need something to cover my nipples because having nipples rings for so many years had made my nipples bigger and they are rubbing on my shirts.  Maybe she doesn't notice? 

I think we took a HUGE step in our dialogue tonight.  Curious to see how all this plays out.  The thought of wearing a sports bra terrifies me, but at the same time I want to try one on and see.  I am somewhat fearful this might be the point I start wearing some sort of support under my shirts on a regular basis.  I can almost see how this is going to play out and it seems fairly probable.  She will end up buying me some sort of sports bra and every time I am going out to exercise she will ask if I have it on.  If I say I no she will tell me I need to wear it so my nipples don't chafe life before. And just like that I am wearing a sports bra daily.  I don't know whether I am scared or somewhat turned on.  Very weird feeling.  I guess it doesn't matter, it may never happen.  Sorry I rambled for so long.  A lot on my mind and not too many people you can talk to this kind of thing about. That is why this is such a great forum. 

Offline Evolver

• Gold Member
Just the fact that there is any sort of dialog between you and your wife about how to manage your irritation/growth/whatever is a great thing. I can understand your trepidation about heading into the world of bra wearing etc., but if you are looking for a solution to the problem, I ask you, what is wrong with taking her advice? It seems to me that your wife is thinking about you wearing a bra in a purely utilitarian sense, but that doesn't or shouldn't stop you from enjoying it for other reasons...at the end of the day, if it feels good mentally as well as physically, then why not?

Wishing you the very best of luck.

Offline blad

I think her comment yesterday was a huge deal because it opened up the dialogue for the first time. 
A long time ago my wife looked at me getting changed and exclaimed that I needed a bra more than she did.....that opened things up.
If the bra fits, wear it.

Offline Busty

Suggest you keep doing as you are, letting your wife take the lead and then you saying the right things. 

I bet she has you in a sports bra within a week. 

I guess she might have to measure you 😉

aboywithgirls

My guess is that not long after the sports bra, she may suggest something a little more conventional and comfortable for an everyday bra. 

♥️Sophie♥️

• Posting Member
I agree busty.  Letting her take the lead seems to be working.  Last night she had a couple to many drinks.  she saw me rub my chest and asked it the nipples where still bothering.  When I said yes she grinned a little.  I replied it's not that funny in a kind of joking way. She smiled and said it kind of is.  That is three nights in a row the conversation came up. 

She recommended I try wearing a 'wife beater' a size too small. I think I will buy one before we walk this afternoon. 

I wouldn't be surprised either if she bought one within a week. I will make her help me measure. I think she will be surprised when she sees the size. aboywithgirls, I afraid you could be right.  Once she gets comfortable with me wearing it exercising she will remind of more times I should be wearing it. 

The last couple days I have been going with my shirt off around the house. It is pretty warm today. I think I will wear a Tshirt that my nipples really show through.  

I will admit I am excited to put a sports bra on.  Partially because I want to see how my breasts look in one. I am curios to see if it makes a difference with anything. Some of it is just because it sounds kinky and embarrassing.  I am also really nervous about it.  I don't think I want to need to wear a bra. Just wear one when it feels fun.  But I will follow my wife's lead and try whatever she thinks.  She has good intentions and has my best interest in her mind. 

Offline Busty

That’s a great idea you have about going around your wife topless or in a top that shows the size, shape, and movement of your breasts with your nipples poking through the top.  Let her get a good eyeful.  Let it sink in with her that you have breasts and nipples like a woman. Sounds like she already is thinking that way. I bet she make some comments when you do that. 

Yes, her measuring you will be enlightening. I bet she says something about your cup size. What is her bra size?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024