Author Topic: Let me get this straight about surgery.... doctor opinion needed  (Read 2769 times)

Offline ladiesman69

• Posting Member
So we have keyhole surgery, intraoral maxillofacial surgery, and a whole range of fine, precise surgeries that are performed on a regular basis by skilled surgeons around the world.

AND YET DESPITE ALL THIS, you're telling me you can't figure out a way to remove the gland via an incision in the armpit? I'm sorry but I don't believe that for a moment. Peri-areolar scarring strikes me as nothing more than laziness and an unwillingness to bother inventing a new, more aesthetically pleasing surgical method.

Dr Levick said he simply uses kocher's forceps to remove the gland via an incision in the armpit. Why can't others do that too?

Why couldn't I just pay the extra for a surgeon to use a tiny camera to view inside the chest and remove the gland that way???

Pardon my language but this pisses me off.

Is what I'm saying really that hard?

Offline jay adams

• Gold Member
Why don't you pay the extra money, fly and have Levick do it? Sounds like you already have a game plan together.

Offline N8712

• Posting Member
I was considering Levick when I was looking for a surgeon in the UK but the things that put me off with Levick was the need for an overnight stay due to the use of drains.

Levick I hear is a fine surgeon but I opted for Alex Karidis, even though it was more expensive.

He made incisions in my armpit for the lipo and incisions under my areolas for the gland removal. I'm currently 10 weeks post-op and I can't even see the incisions under the areola anymore.

It's all about surgeon skill. Most surgeons who are skilled in gynecomastia surgery and who make the incision under the areola do not leave a visible scar.
My views are my own and any advice I give is from my personal experience with gynecomastia and the surgery I had.

Offline ladiesman69

• Posting Member
Why don't you pay the extra money, fly and have Levick do it? Sounds like you already have a game plan together.

Because I shouldn't have to.

I will do that if I'm left with no choice, but I honestly can't understand why more surgeons aren't doing this exact same method? Or at least offering it. If they need to see the gland then use a bloody camera

Offline ladiesman69

• Posting Member
I was considering Levick when I was looking for a surgeon in the UK but the things that put me off with Levick was the need for an overnight stay due to the use of drains.

Levick I hear is a fine surgeon but I opted for Alex Karidis, even though it was more expensive.

He made incisions in my armpit for the lipo and incisions under my areolas for the gland removal. I'm currently 10 weeks post-op and I can't even see the incisions under the areola anymore.

It's all about surgeon skill. Most surgeons who are skilled in gynecomastia surgery and who make the incision under the areola do not leave a visible scar.

What did you feel was the problem with using drains?

Offline jay adams

• Gold Member
I'm not saying you have to but asking an artist to paint or create a different way than what they've perfected is a bad idea for the artist and canvas.  I don't think that your idea is bad but the surgeon's who take special interest in gyne surgery have reasons for doing it the way they do. I do know a good gyne surgeon is worth the weight they lift off us especially when the results can make you look like a normal man (my endo can't believe I had surgery because you can't see scars.)

I have no problem with any surgeon's technique as long as it looks natural. Karidis and Levick are bad ass surgeon's and people. Instead of worrying about scars from bad docs just meet your surgeon, look at his portfolio and do it right the first time. I'm more worried about the guys who can't afford surgery and are stuck in limbo trying to get the cash to move forward than why every surgeon doesn't perform the surgery the same way.

I honestly hope your surgery goes well ladies man.

Offline N8712

• Posting Member

What did you feel was the problem with using drains?

I wanted to avoid them where possible as I have read they can be quite painful to remove and sometimes, rarely cause infections.

Staying overnight in a hospital wasn't too appealing for me either. I would much rather go home and recover in the place I feel most comfortable.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024