Author Topic: Curious people  (Read 1270 times)

Brdy64

I feel like the question back is "why do you think I need to hide anything?"

My guess is they would deflect to what they perceive is your own self-consciousness, but I would be interested in what that person would say if asked.

It's an interestingly scenario you live with, Birdie. Very few of us would have nearly as many scenarios as you face day to day. You seem to be handling it well!
Seeing over 150 people five days a week, with about 10% being medical staff does present some situations. Like this afternoon a CNA grabbed one of my bra straps and snapped it as a joke, right in front of several people. 🤣
Everyone does already know I'm the guy with boobs, so it's old news now anyway. 
And I'm not the only person here with special conditions as this is 'nursing home level' of care facility. We have some people 'afraid of the bathroom' that have advanced dementia. A wide assortment of situations present themselves daily. I can easily blend in as just another individual here. 
It's medical staff here that some don't quite understand my acceptance of my the condition. I don't fit the 'GI Joe model', and they don't understand why that doesn't bother me. 🤔

Offline taxmapper

I feel like the question back is "why do you think I need to hide anything?"

My guess is they would deflect to what they perceive is your own self-consciousness, but I would be interested in what that person would say if asked.

It's an interestingly scenario you live with, Birdie. Very few of us would have nearly as many scenarios as you face day to day. You seem to be handling it well!
Seeing over 150 people five days a week, with about 10% being medical staff does present some situations. Like this afternoon a CNA grabbed one of my bra straps and snapped it as a joke, right in front of several people. 🤣
Everyone does already know I'm the guy with boobs, so it's old news now anyway.
And I'm not the only person here with special conditions as this is 'nursing home level' of care facility. We have some people 'afraid of the bathroom' that have advanced dementia. A wide assortment of situations present themselves daily. I can easily blend in as just another individual here.
It's medical staff here that some don't quite understand my acceptance of my the condition. I don't fit the 'GI Joe model', and they don't understand why that doesn't bother me. 🤔
Well there's and ethics complaint right there. But people will continue to hold such ideals until the true education plays in. 

Sad really. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024