Author Topic: Surgery booked with Alex Karidis on 13th Feb 14  (Read 5493 times)

Offline troubleddoc

• Bronze Member
Hey how much time for recovery bro. N get in full fitness lift play cricket n all .m a professional cricketer with similar gynno n body as urs .please advice n let me know

The first week was uncomfortable, not much pain though, just tenderness and trouble sleeping as rolling on to my side hurt. I only required painkillers in the first 48 hours although, I think I only used them as I was told to use them. I'm sure I could have made it without them.

By the end of of week two I was able to take off my compression vest during the day which brought a lot of relief. Week 3-4 the bruising had completely subsided and I was back in the gym doing light weights.

Week 4-5 I no longer needed the compression vest and I was rapidly getting back to normal. I was doing much more in the gym and could do most things except wide grip pullups.

If your case is similar to mine and you choose a reputable surgeon like I did, I would say you could get back into playing cricket by around week 5-6. Sports like rugby I would wait until week 9-10.

I'm currently just over 11 weeks post op and I'm 99% back to normal, just some scar tissue (that I can feel, not see) which I am dissolving with regular massage and I think that should be totally resolved in the next few weeks.
Bro one more thing my surgeon has advised lateral pull through tech as in 4 mm incision on either sides of chest n he will remove fat n gland through same incision nothing around nipple. U did same ??
Operated by Dr hari Menon on 16 June 2014☺☺☺😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024