Author Topic: Breast Cancer Prostheses covered by IC's...  (Read 1804 times)

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Check out this thread on Breastcancer.org. The girls there seem to think that a breast prosthesis (a 'cosmetic' device) , to make them look 'normal' is covered by most IC's.  WTF?

Check out the second post... It seems that women can even get 'Wigs' covered by insurance. So, women can get insurance coverage to pay for stuff to camouflage their embarrassing conditions but we (males) can't? That is retarded if you ask me!

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Here is another thread (in the correct forum).

I just don't understand.... GRS/Breast Cancer Prosthetics, they are both 'cosmetic/psychological' issues. So then why don't the IC's tell women who have just had Bi-lateral Mastectomy's that prostheses are just 'cosmetic' and that you'll just have to go 'flat'. Just like they tell us.... 'Sorry guy, we consider it 'cosmetic', so you'll just have to 'live' with your breasts.' ....  What a crock of shyte!!!

Some of you guys who are presently dealing with your IC (and are getting the shaft) in regard to GRS, should challenge them about the fact that women get their breast prosthetics covered by insurance. Knowing what I know now, if I still had my gyne and an IC turned my claim down on the basis that they consider it 'Cosmetic', I'd be pissed. I'd take them to court on this fact alone...

GB

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024