Author Topic: Self Confidence  (Read 3399 times)

Offline steve1616

• Posting Member
Having this problem destroyes my self confidence, I like this girl and Im so scared to ask her out, i dont want her making fun of me lol.... :-[

Offline nothingworse

• Gold Member
I know what your going through. It definetely does drop your SC. If she is a good person she won't really care about something that is not very important. Unless she is totally image-set she probably won't care but, that doesn't mean she won't notice. I know what you are talking about though there are tons of girls that wouldn't give a crap but, some that would make the biggest deal about it and embarress the crap out of you. I haven't been out with a girl since the beginning of this year and have had very few girlfriends because of this. But, my last girlfriend didn't really care she was one of the good ones. Take a shot and I wish you the best of luck. Hopefully you will come out ahead.

Offline ItsOK

• Bronze Member
  • Glorp.
If it wasn't your breasts you were obsessing about, it would be a new pimple, your weight, the size of your nose . . .

Your body image has as much power over you as you let it have.  Ask the girl out.  It's never easy to summon up the courage to do that, but don't let your body image keep you from at least trying.

I know . . . easy for me to say.

Minitits

Yeh, you headed this self-confidence - that's what you need !

Go for it, my son !!!

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
If it wasn't your breasts you were obsessing about, it would be a new pimple, your weight, the size of your nose . . .

ItsOK....

Having Gyne is quiet a bit different than having a 'new pimple', being 'over/under weight' or having a nose that is 'too big' or 'too small'. Nobody would look twice at a pimple and unless you were very obese or had a nose that was bigger than your entire head, who would care or notice?

However, in our 'looks is everything' society, Gyne is not accepted by many people. I guess one could 'obsess' over other things, but not quite the same as they would with Gyne. Society looks upon guys with Gyne as 'FREAKS'. I don't mean to be nasty here but it's true. I know from experience. Having a fresh zit, being over weight or having a big nose, you would not be looked upon as a freak.

Starting up a new relationship while being inflicted with Gyne can be a very difficult and stressful time. Being rejected is very painful  :'(.

But.... as you said, one must put forth an effort. Painful as it may be. I had large moobs and for the most part, they never stopped me from asking girls out on dates. I've had lots of GF's and have been married now for 14 years.

Steve.... trust me my man, there are girls/women out there that will not make fun of you and your Gyne. Not all people are shallow. Ask her out Dude.... Those who do not ask, do not get!   ;)

John.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2005, 06:12:32 AM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline steve1616

• Posting Member
You guys have been really helpful. Thanks....See the thing is, I'm actually a really skinny guy.  It's not my whole breast, it's just the nipple area..they get really big, so big they almost turn purple... Since I'm almost 17, Is their a change that they will still go down..??

I love this site, the support is great!

Offline GyeUnit

• Posting Member
Maybe you can post a picture , unless you have already

Offline steve1616

• Posting Member
I don't have a web cam or anything like that to let me get a pic on the net! Sorry...But it's like a hard tissue under my nipples.

Offline ahhthissucks

• Posting Member
  • ...=(
maybe you should try working out and building your upper body thats what i did ..it kinda takes the attention off the gyne and people with say of hes a body builder thats why he has boobs...might help and sum girls like buff guys
if my gyne was a person i would kick his ass!!!

Offline steve1616

• Posting Member
Thats exactly what I do!! ;D...I've been working out a lot...

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
You have much more important things to worry about, just ask the girl out, When my youngest daughter was in high school, She pointed out that her boyfriend had larger breasts than I.   Yes he really did!  So?

What is going on between your ears is more important than a bit of surplus tissue on your chest.

Work on the Attitude.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2005, 12:34:59 AM by Paa_Paw »
Grandpa Dan

Minitits

I sometimes go bouncing (huh!) around on women's breast sites. It's astonishing the hang-ups people have - they're too big, too small, one's a bit bigger than the other, areolae are too big etc etc.

Their partners scratch their heads and say 'What's the problem ? They look great to me!'

We all tend to be too self-critical, especially when we're young. Some might think gyne is a joke and an excuse to try to put you down - it's a good filter, find out who your real friends are - junk the jerks and stick with the quality people.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
We all tend to be too self-critical, especially when we're young. Some might think gyne is a joke and an excuse to try to put you down - it's a good filter, find out who your real friends are - junk the jerks and stick with the quality people.

Yeah, that's the ticket!  ;)

John.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024