Author Topic: Would appreciate gyno confirmation =\  (Read 2955 times)

Offline Cel

Hi -- basically I was overweight from late primary school through to Year 11 when I starved myself till skinny-fat (no muscle on me) and assumed my "gyno" would go away after getting in better shape.

I've been hitting the weights the past 5 months and while I've gone from no muscle to having a decent base (yes I'm aware I have a long way to go) and while doing this I've discovered what gyno is and I believe I have it.

I know some of this is just fat but there is definitely a heap of harder tissue under the nipple and just below. I want to train hard this year and begin MMA training and this issue is psychologically going to stop me from getting involved.

Before I convince myself even more that its gyno & start the doctor/referral process I'd appreciate the opinion of anyone out there with experience.

23 years old, 173 cm.

Offline Viking75

• Bronze Member
Hi welcome to the forum!

You have gynecomastia!

Surgery is the only way for you to get it fixed.

Search for a really experienced gyno surgeon (donĀ“t let money decide)

best of luck

Offline morpheus11

• Silver Member
I'd agree with the previous poster--yes, you have gyno, or at the least, some excess tissue. I wouldn't sweat over it too much, you have very little compared to others. 

Search for a good surgeon and get it done.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Your story is familiar -- overweight at one time, lose weight but the breasts remain.

Yes, you do have a small amount of gyne.  You can improve your day to day situation by wearing a snug compression shirt under your clothes.  But if you wish to be rid of it forever, then you would need surgery.  Do your homework and choose a surgeon who has demonstrated  interest and has sufficient experience to do the job properly.  there are many such surgeons on this forum.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Cel

Thanks for the replies everyone. I've booked in a consult with Sue Thistlethwaite in Melbourne, AU next month (will have to fly) and am getting a referral tomorrow. Looking to get surgery ASAP and move on with life. Will post up a review of the process in a few months. =)

Offline SimoS

• Posting Member
U still have some excess fat around ur body! ur still around 16% bf! Start lifting weights my friend and focus on the upper chest! Also go down to 8% BF! Ull know ur that lean when ur abs are visible! U don't need surgery or anything! U just need to lift weights like crazy and reduce ur bodyfat to south of 10%! :) Then ull see the difference

Offline Cel

I know it is very late to reply to this so sorry all.

I had surgery with Sue about 4-5 months ago and it went great. The whole experience at the Linley clinic was amazing, as I was by myself on the trip to Melbourne. I spent the weekend in a hotel and then met with Sue on the Monday for a check-up on how everything was going. I got to fly home that day then I flew back over (I'm from Adelaide, SA) the next week to have a final checkup with her and to get the stitches removed.

Many months later I have to say that Sue did an amazing job and that it's very hard for anyone I don't want to know about it to notice a difference.

Thank you so much Sue and if anyone is reading this and doubting getting this done, don't! I'll be happy to send you after photos if you message me.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024