Author Topic: Comments or advice or support from family or friends  (Read 2707 times)

Offline Busty

What have your family or friends said about your gynecomastia?  Any questions, observations, suggestions, or words of support?

My experience is most have not said anything.  I once had a GF who said I had “a curvier shape” than her. 

Orb

Nothing notable to share here but its good to hear from you again.

Dudewithboobs

I’ve only had two comments from friends, none from family. One comment was from a best friend who knows I wear bras because of gynecomastia and someone I trust entirely to not judge or point to it she also was who helped me understand how to size cause she was a measurer for a few years for a company and that was a blessing. 
The other was a friend I had swung by to drop off a cake as I love to bake and offered to make one for them cause they helped with a few things and talked a bit after dropping it off. Poked my chest and said “guess that’s where your cake went” and laughed a little but didn’t make any rude comment or indication but it seemed obvious what was meant. 
Other than that nothing from no one stranger or known in passing or in gathering. 

Offline Busty

Offline blad

My wife once said I needed a bra more than she did. That opened the door to wearing a bra full time.
If the bra fits, wear it.

Offline Busty

Blad, that was really nice of your wife. A lot of women are not that accepting. Did she then help you build your bra collection?

Offline blad

Blad, that was really nice of your wife. A lot of women are not that accepting. Did she then help you build your bra collection?
She has gone bra shopping with me, but I usually select my own. She does all the bra laundry for me and they end up in my bra drawer. She will remind me to pack the bras I want for trips.

aboywithgirls

I think that I was 12 when I heard my first comment from my family. My grandmother had mentioned to my mom that I should really start wearing a bra.  They next day, I got the bra talk and some bras that my sister had outgrown. 

As time went on I wore my sister's hand me down bras. My mother had explained that I had gotten large enough that I should start wearing a bra full time. I had told her that I would but, I had outgrown my sister's old bras. She had me try on one of hers and it fit ( my mother was completely shocked). She took me bra shopping and my first fitting that day. The rest is history. 

❤️Sophie ❤️

bikerbob

I have not had any comments from friends, but I have caught people staring at my chest (usually women) and making it a point to put their hands on my shoulder to check for straps.  I live in a small town that has somewhat of a reputation for M to F transgenders so nobody freaks out when I check the bras in the thrift stores.
My wife is the one who first told me, uh, you are starting to look like a B cup.  She bought me my first bra, a cheap front hook sports bra, and things took off from there.  She thinks they are cute and doesn't seem to mind that I own more bras than she does.  I borrow her Bali Lace Desire bras now and then but I am not sure how she would feel about that.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2023, 11:18:17 AM by felix »

Offline blad

I think that I was 12 when I heard my first comment from my family. My grandmother had mentioned to my mom that I should really start wearing a bra.  They next day, I got the bra talk and some bras that my sister had outgrown.

As time went on I wore my sister's hand me down bras. My mother had explained that I had gotten large enough that I should start wearing a bra full time. I had told her that I would but, I had outgrown my sister's old bras. She had me try on one of hers and it fit ( my mother was completely shocked). She took me bra shopping and my first fitting that day. The rest is history.

❤️Sophie ❤️
Were you trying on bras in front of your mom?

aboywithgirls

❤️Sophie ❤️
Were you trying on bras in front of your mom?
Oh yes, I remember it like it was yesterday! As my breasts developed, I became increasingly shy about taking off my shirt in front of anyone. I wasn't going to take off my shirt but, she convinced me to. She was a little surprised at my development because she had said something like " oh dear, I hope some of these bras will fit you".

When she brought me bra shopping, she poked her head in to see how I looked in each one. She didn't like that I was trying on underwire bras but, I  liked how they felt and looked.

She had probably guessed way back then what my destiny might be. 

♥️Sophie♥️

Dudewithboobs

It’s gotta be amazing even then to have such support for needing such support. 

Offline blad

"Were you trying on bras in front of your mom?

Oh yes, I remember it like it was yesterday! As my breasts developed, I became increasingly shy about taking off my shirt in front of anyone. I wasn't going to take off my shirt but, she convinced me to. She was a little surprised at my development because she had said something like " oh dear, I hope some of these bras will fit you".

When she brought me bra shopping, she poked her head in to see how I looked in each one. She didn't like that I was trying on underwire bras but, I  liked how they felt and looked.

She had probably guessed way back then what my destiny might be.

♥️Sophie♥️"

Clearly special memories of support and help along your path.

Brdy64

Only 2 of my best male friends talk about it without poking fun at me. That is really annoying that I only really have "2" real buddies 🤔
My family has been understanding forever. I guess because I have had gynecomastia since my teens. The one exception has been my wife that really had a problem with it as I started getting "too big to hide" in public. 
I guess a long as no one knew, she was cool with it. 🤔

Offline taxmapper

Because I am surrounded and live in an environment steeped deep into progressive and fairly left leaning ideologies, no one here gives two poops. 

There have been some stairs including an old cowboy in a hat and overalls yesterday at the Albuquerque Coffee And Chocolate show.  But that was so mixed with every form of fruit nut and squirrel that it was pretty much a non issue. 

( I consider myself weird outlier anyway). 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024