Author Topic: Scar Tissue Question!  (Read 4317 times)

Offline militaryman

• Posting Member
Had another questions guys! Thanks for the info tho!

Ok I have been hearing about scar tissue build up after the operation. I am certainly confused on this. I understand the reason for it by reading the docs post, but I am not understanding why it is making so many post op people upset. The scar tissue make you look like you have gynecomastia again or what? I'm sorry but if it was me and I just have the operation finished and I had to deal with a little build up of scar tissue not affecting the contour of my chest I would deal with it. Fill me in guys!

Offline greatdane

• Posting Member
I'm going through this right now with my right side having a lot of scar tissue. The reason for the operation is we want a flat normal looking chest which a hard lump under the nipple obviously makes it stick out a little and makes the chest look a little abnormal.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Ok I have been hearing about scar tissue build up after the operation. I am not understanding why it is making so many post op people upset.

I've often wondered this myself. What is the big deal with wanting it gone in such a hurry... I just let my scar tissue dissipate on its own...  ;)

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline gyne23

• Posting Member
Had another questions guys! Thanks for the info tho!

Ok I have been hearing about scar tissue build up after the operation. I am certainly confused on this. I understand the reason for it by reading the docs post, but I am not understanding why it is making so many post op people upset. The scar tissue make you look like you have gynecomastia again or what? I'm sorry but if it was me and I just have the operation finished and I had to deal with a little build up of scar tissue not affecting the contour of my chest I would deal with it. Fill me in guys!
You nailed it on the head.. The scar tissue forms around the chest..

I just recently had the surgery a few weeks back..When I take my vest off I can tell right from the get go that my chest is flatter..The cone shape is gone... However, due to the scar tissue build up (especially on the side of my chest) it still sticks out in almost a gyne-like way from the side profile..

Now, since the cone shape is gone, it doesn't stick out nearly as prominent as it did prior to the surgery, but it's not completely flat due to that hard substance in my chest..

I'm not complaining at all since I understand it's all part of the deal, and I understand this healing process is a marathon as opposed to a sprint so to speak.. But, it is annoying somewhat..Just not anywhere near as annoying as Gyne...

Offline RyanMace

• Gold Member
Instead of making a new post, I'll just post my question here (hope you don't mind, militaryman).

If you just perform excision, does the chances of getting scar tissue decreasing?

Regards, Ryan.

Offline militaryman

• Posting Member
Nice question! I would also like to here an answer for that, because I believe that is all I'm going to be recieving is the gland removal  :)

Offline Grandpa Bambu

If you had excision only... you would probably have 'some' scar tissue, but not as much as you would if you had both excision and lipo...

GB

Offline RyanMace

• Gold Member
If you had excision only... you would probably have 'some' scar tissue, but not as much as you would if you had both excision and lipo...

GB

Thanks for the reply, grandpa bambu :).

Offline Grandpa Bambu

NP my man... ;)

GB

Offline as400

• Silver Member
I thought with lipo only a very small hole was made to get the metal rod in...I mean aren't we talking just a couple of millimieteres here?...how many holes do they make?...dont they just seal them up with a single stich?
Before you criticise a man walk a mile in his shoes, after that who cares? your a mile away and have his shoes.

Offline RyanMace

• Gold Member
I thought with lipo only a very small hole was made to get the metal rod in...I mean aren't we talking just a couple of millimieteres here?...how many holes do they make?...dont they just seal them up with a single stich?

The scar-tissue forms inside of the breast, and it's not caused by the incision.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

The scar tissue that we are talking about is the 'internal' scarring as RyanMace mentioned. When one has lipo, for the most part, much of your body tissue is disturbed. When that 'disturbed' flesh starts to heal, there is scarring or 'scabbing' if you will.

GB

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024