Author Topic: Gynecomastia or just plain fat?  (Read 1575 times)

Offline Amiga

• Posting Member
I'm wondering if I have the beginnings of gynecomastia or if I'm just plain fat. I'm 6'5" and change and weight 270 pounds. I used to be 330 pounds, dropped down to 190 pounds, but I'm back to 270 pounds (and relatively stable, if not happy about it...). The last couple of years did a number on me in the weight department. I'm 50.

I've been feeling around for a mass or lump behind my nipples but either it isn't there or I don't know what I'm looking for. I am careful not to pinch too hard because I've heard that can lead to complications so maybe that is my problem.

Anyway, just figured I'd toss myself into the ring. Thanks for any advice or insight you may have!

Attachments: front view, side view. If you need to see anything else let me know. I tried to do it with as correct an upright posture as I could manage and still get a selfie.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2023, 09:30:36 AM by Amiga »

Offline Lbrown

• Posting Member
In my non-expert opinion, maybe a very mild case of gyne. At your age and weight, I would not be concerned at all. 

Offline SideSet

You look fine to me 

Offline Amiga

• Posting Member
Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it. I do know when Fall comes I need to hit the walking path hard, my weight isn't healthy. 

Offline Amiga

• Posting Member
Since I posted in July I've been taking measurements every couple of weeks and I'm a little bigger (I think -- hard to be sure I'm consistent in my measurement every time). One thing that has been happening is occasionally I'll have some pain around the nipple or towards the under arm area and also itching or a prickling feeling (like when you go outside on a hot day and your skin gets that tingle, if you know what I mean?). I've been quite a bit heavier about 10 years ago (was around 330 pounds, dropped down to 190 pounds, and sadly back up in the upper 200s pounds now) and don't remember ever feeling that, so maybe something is different now. 

Offline Amiga

• Posting Member
Also some days there is no pain or itching and others it is fairly regular throughout the day. Is that normal? Also, I'm getting a bit of acne / pimples in the area which is something I haven't dealt with in years, haha.

Gino

My issue was examined by my GP and ordered a mammogram after my complaint of a lump, with pain under and itching on the nipple. A mammogram and its reading by the radiologist confirmed genecomastia which I suspect is the only way to tell for sure whether it's fat or not. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024