Author Topic: Told my mom and...  (Read 4035 times)

Offline ikke91

• Posting Member
Well I made the first step in the right direction; I told my mom about my gyne. I said it have something to do with my inbalanced hormons and in the most cases it would go away within 2 years( I have it olmost 3 years now).
And they only can be removed by operation. Well she told me to wait a little longer cuz im not fully grown etc. And I could still have a testosteron boost (ye,right). I am 17 right now.
I was like WHAT live any longer with this nipples :'( !?
But she might be right or not?

« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 11:06:19 AM by ikke91 »

Offline mshoaf

• Posting Member
Man i feel ware your coming from i just told my parents about two weeks ago and its something i've had for a long time. They werent exactly sure what to think, but they supported me anyways. We set up a docters apointment and i just went the other day. To answer your question you didnt exactly tell your age????? im 19 but the docter i talked to said it is possible but not very likely that you can grow out of it, but once you hit about 18 u know wether or not you grew out of it or not....i'de say talk to your docter. i did and hes a 100% for getting the surgery and i got to tell you its a huge relief to know im one step closer to getting this crap done

Offline ikke91

• Posting Member
Thanks for your post!
I am 17 ½ now. We are going to make a appointment with my doc. I finnaly can see then how long i have it exactly because we went there right after I discovered it.

Offline mshoaf

• Posting Member
yeah no prob bro
let us know how it goes man and good luck!

Offline ikke91

• Posting Member
I will. Fingers crossed I can get the operation can't take another summer without swimming and stuff  :-\.

Offline mshoaf

• Posting Member
man your telling me, i got a vacation to the beach this year!!

Offline ikke91

• Posting Member
Lol, but your getting the operation before your vacation i hope ? ::)

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
It is not difficult for a Doctor to find out how far you are through puberty. Your age is years is not an indicator in itself. A good physical exam will tell though.

Grandpa Dan

Offline mshoaf

• Posting Member
yeah i hope so too but im not sure yet..i have a couple of surgins im going to see in about a week and im not exactly sure how long it takes to actually schedule but if i have to i will skip out on this vacation cus i  want this done ASAP!!

Offline ikke91

• Posting Member
Okay, i've been to the doctor and he confused me a bit.

He told me this was not very commonly and normally it would go away... Then he said it still have a small chance to go away but he could understood that I didn't want to have it any longer!
According to him the surgery wasn't a big deal and it was no hard operation to do. And he put me trought to a sirgeon who operates breast cancer and other breast things... Well I was a bit shocked because I heard that the operation wasn't that easy to do... But he stayd saying that it was... Well im talking to that sirgeon soon... If he never operated gynecomastia before should I proceed or search for a other?
I really hope it's a good sirgeon because then I have the surgery before the holiday and maybe I can swim with a "normal" body :).

Sorry for my poor english ;)....

And thanks for your advice  ;)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 03:53:34 AM by ikke91 »

Offline mshoaf

• Posting Member
haha i think i got the most of what your saying but if im hearing you correctly your saying that your docter gave you a surgin to talk to but the surgin himself has never done the surgery? if thats the case then find a new one bro! the one i went to a few days ago told me he only does about 5 to 15 a year. All the guys on these forums say thats not enough experience so im trying to find a new one.

Offline matt123

• Posting Member
Keep on the issue man.  Make your mom give you a firm date, meaning "If it dont go away by "x" date, we will get it corrected.  Im only giving you advice I wish I had had when I heard the same song and dance back in 1988.  My mom was told back then that it will go away.  It never did.  Im 35 now and wish I could relive the great years you have in front of you without gyne. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024