Author Topic: SCAR TISSUE  (Read 5772 times)

Offline rambo77

• Posting Member
Hi all, I just recently had gyno surgery done about 3 weeks ago, and its going well but the only problem is the scar tissue. Now I can feel hard tissue under each nipple, I just wanted to know how long this will take to go away. I did massage for a few days, then I gave up since I could notice it making any difference. If I don't massage, will it get worse? And do I really have to massage it, if I do massage, how much time should I be massaging it each day?   

Kindest Regards  :)

Offline jay adams

• Gold Member
You're way early in the game. Its going to be a while before you know what the scar tissue is going to do.

My doc told me that massaging doesn't make that big of a dif when it comes to scar tissue. He said its more for making the skin look more natural over the muscle. You should ask your doc his opinion.

Give it time and eventually you'll prob have kenalog injections to break down the scar tissue. That will be months down the line though. Your main focus should be taking it easy and taking care of yourself.

Offline xelnaga13

In my experience (2 surgeries) 3 weeks is too early for significant scar tissue development and WAYYY too early to be massaging. If the "scar" tissue was there immediately after surgery I would venture to say its remaining glandular tissue.

Offline rambo77

• Posting Member
Thanks for the replies guys, my doc told me to start massaging after 2 weeks, but I don't think the massaging is going to make much difference, the only thing I'm worried about is if I don't massage it, the scar tissue will get really big!

Offline rambo77

• Posting Member
Also, I have heard that if you don't massage it, it will cause you to get puffy nipples, once the scar tissue disappears, is this true?

Regards

Offline jay adams

• Gold Member
I've never heard that.

Offline Westsyder

• Posting Member
Massage 6 weeks to 8 weeks after surgery. You are still healing, take it easy till than.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 01:34:21 AM by Westsyder »

Offline rambo77

• Posting Member
Yeah I'm trying my best to take it easy for the next few weeks, does the scar tissue keep coming and going? Or does it just build up once and stay for ages? Thanks

Offline puffysucks

• Posting Member
In my experience (2 surgeries) 3 weeks is too early for significant scar tissue development and WAYYY too early to be massaging. If the "scar" tissue was there immediately after surgery I would venture to say its remaining glandular tissue.

This is completely untrue. Remember, the way your body heals is completely different than the next person. You could have just been a slow healer. I would say by 3 weeks I had scar tissue, and I know it isn't gland as it's hard and my gland was soft, also it's located directly under the incision site in a bean shape. Obviously there wouldn't be scar tissue immediately after the op, but three weeks is in no way too early for it to form.

Offline rambo77

• Posting Member
Yeah I agree with puffysucks, how long did your scar tissue take to go away mate?

Offline gynecomastiauk

• Bronze Member
I would definitely recommend massaging. Scar tissue is like an internal scab and as it is internal it has nowhere to go, if you don't massage you cant break it down. Massage, break down the 'internal scab' and get the blood flowing to promote repair...it is just the same as treating a sports injury.

Good luck with you recovery, hope it goes well.

(if it will help check out my pre & post op picture diary at www GynecomastiaUK.org)

Offline rambo77

• Posting Member
Thanks mate!! I had a look at your website, I must say it's amazing haha, I have been advised to massage each nipple 30mins per day, is that too much? At the moment I only massage each nipple like 5mins a day

Offline gynecomastiauk

• Bronze Member
Hello mate, each nipple 30 minutes a day so n hour of massage!! It might be achievable if you do 3 x 10 minutes but even after 3 months my nips are tender...30 minutes all at once would kill! I have read here and there you can over do the massaging so all I do is listen to my body, if it hurts or I am tender I stop...I would up the 5 mins a little if I were you though unless it hurts....thanks for checking out my web, just stuck up my 3 months post opp pics, nipples getting better 'I think' but still swollen when I tense the chest up! Good luck with your recovery mate.

Cheers

Offline rambo77

• Posting Member
Thanks mate, yeah i'll take your advice and do 3 lots of 10 minutes. I had liposuction done too, and for the first weeek my chest looked so flat, but now it looks like it was before, the fat can;t come back that quick, and I can only feel the scar tissue around my nips, I wonder what it could be!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024