Author Topic: Pre-op Precautions LIST  (Read 7170 times)

Offline monzo

• Bronze Member
Hey guys,
I have my op in 4 days and I lost the paper of do s and dont's of b4 surgery. Can anyone help out??? Add to the list if you can.

this is what I can remember:

No Smoking (2weeks)
No Vitamins
No hot tub
No Asprin

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
No alcohol. Try to avoid garlic.
etc.

Offline rcbrown23

Sounds about right.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...

1. Do not EAT or DRINK anything after midnight on the night before your surgery. ( including water, gum or candy )

2. DO NOT drive yourself to the hospital. Arrange for a responsible person to drive you home or accompany you in a taxi. You may NOT use any other means of transportation.

3. Please report to the 2nd floor surgical daycare at least 2 1/2 hours before the time of your surgery.

4. Leave all valuables at home.

5. Remove all make-up and nail polish before comming to the hospital.  ( I guess we can omit this one... ;D )

6. A parent or legal guardian must sign the surgical consent for persons under the age of 16. A legal guardian must bring documentation certifying that status to the hospital.

7. Please call our office the day before your surgery to verify the time of surgery.

THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO SMOKING AT LEAST TWO WEEKS PRIOR TO SURGERY

That is what was on my list.

No vitamins? Why the heck not? I would say that taking vitamins would be a 'plus' when having surgery...   ???           But then, what do I know.... :P

John.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2005, 10:44:00 AM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
No vitamins? Why the heck not? I would say that taking vitamins would be a 'plus' when having surgery...   ??? But then, what do I know.... :P

John.[/b]

Certain vitamins thin out your blood (vitamin E, notably) just like aspirin.

No need to bleed to death on the operating table, now.

Offline monzo

• Bronze Member
you guys are awsome... Ive been smoking and the op is in three days... Any input? what can happen ?

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
Here's a list of the vitamins I have been instructed to begin taking two weeks prior to surgery:

325mg of ferrous gluconate (such as Fergon) three times daily
400mg of Vitamin E three times daily
1000mg of Vitamin C three times daily
multivitamin twice daily

The ferrous gluconate, I've been told, helps to deal with constipation from having so much iron in one's system.  It acts as a stool softener or something.  The vitamin E is to promote healing (this is just what my sheet says).  I just sent an email to my doc asking if it's blood-thinning effects are something I should be worried about.

Also, I have been taking "A Thru Z" multivitamins (Walgreens' version of Centrum) and have noticed that the bottle says Dietary Supplement Formula.  Should this worry me at all?  I've compared A Thru Z and Centrum and they contain the exact same amount of nutrients, but is there some difference between them that may disrupt my surgery?  I ask this because I've read that one should stop taking dietary supplements prior to surgery.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2005, 10:28:52 PM by nukem2k5 »
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
Here's a list of the vitamins I have been instructed to begin taking two weeks prior to surgery:

325mg of ferrous gluconate (such as Fergon) three times daily
400mg of Vitamin E three times daily
1000mg of Vitamin C three times daily
multivitamin twice daily

The ferrous gluconate, I've been told, helps to deal with constipation from having so much iron in one's system.  It acts as a stool softener or something.  The vitamin E is to promote healing (this is just what my sheet says).  I just sent an email to my doc asking if it's blood-thinning effects are something I should be worried about.

Also, I have been taking "A Thru Z" multivitamins (Walgreens' version of Centrum) and have noticed that the bottle says Dietary Supplement Formula.  Should this worry me at all?  I've compared A Thru Z and Centrum and they contain the exact same amount of nutrients, but is there some difference between them that may disrupt my surgery?  I ask this because I've read that one should stop taking dietary supplements prior to surgery.

Interesting... I was specifically told NOT to take vitamin E.

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!

Interesting... I was specifically told NOT to take vitamin E.

I can see why you were instructed not to but I just received a reply from my doc and he said that he's never had any trouble with Vitamin E.

Also, he said my multivitamins are fine, in case anybody was wondering.

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
Hey guys,
I have my op in 4 days and I lost the paper of do s and dont's of b4 surgery. Can anyone help out??? Add to the list if you can.

this is what I can remember:

No Smoking (2weeks)
No Vitamins
No hot tub
No Asprin

no hot tub? i don't understand. why would'nt you be able to go in a hot tub? you can take a hot bath, can't you?
Please, Jesus, make my gyne go away!

Offline monzo

• Bronze Member
eh stoner I dont know.. Im just listing off what I remember off my list... who wants to go in a hot tub with a nice set of tig bitties anyways

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
who wants to go in a hot tub with a nice set of tig bitties anyways

I do, as long as they are on a girl.  ;D

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
eh stoner I dont know.. Im just listing off what I remember off my list... who wants to go in a hot tub with a nice set of tig bitties anyways

yeah dude, you're definitly right, especially because your nips wouldnt stay stimulated long in hot water!  :P

Offline monzo

• Bronze Member
if the girl is willing to gimmy some... then she can see the boobsquad

Offline monzo

• Bronze Member
what does garlic do to you??

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024