Author Topic: Draining gynecomastia out without surgery is that true ?  (Read 842 times)

Offline Nobeer

Hello,

I visited my health provider to ask him about my chest, why I have those bumps. He sent me to do hormone test, Testosterone level is 4.9 ng/ml which is good, he suggested the reasons could be fast weight drop and years of beer consumption.

He told me to visit a plastic surgeon for this issue, and about different ways to remove the excess, beside surgery, he told me these days plastic surgeons can drain out the fluid that make gynecomastia, I searched the internet but found nothing about this method. All i found is draining fluids after the surgery, and its optional.

Anyone heard about draining gynecomastia from outside without any surgery?
If I go to surgery is it possible gynecomastia could grow again ?

Regards :)

Offline JohannK

• Silver Member
Sounds like he's referring to lipo.  That removes the excess fat, solid glands (if you have "true" gyne) can't be drained.  They can only be cut out.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I am sorry, but this almost sounds like it came from someone who knows almost nothing about gynecomastia or possibly it is a very bad attempt to make a joke of the condition.

There are a lot of products that claim to "cure" gynecomastia. None of those products actually shrink anything but your bank balance.

Surgery it the only effective way to reduce or eliminate the condition. 

Many people, like myself, consider the condition to be usually within the range of "normal" unless it was caused by some sort of pathology. (Which is very rare.)
Grandpa Dan

Offline Nobeer

I am sorry, but this almost sounds like it came from someone who knows almost nothing about gynecomastia or possibly it is a very bad attempt to make a joke of the condition.

There are a lot of products that claim to "cure" gynecomastia. None of those products actually shrink anything but your bank balance.

Surgery it the only effective way to reduce or eliminate the condition.

Many people, like myself, consider the condition to be usually within the range of "normal" unless it was caused by some sort of pathology. (Which is very rare.)
is the surgery a permanent solution or does it grow again ?

Offline zink

• Bronze Member
If the gynecomastia is caused by hormone imbalance (which may be temporary, during puberty) and your hormone levels are now normal, then if the breast tissue / gland tissue is removed then I think it is unlikely to grow back.

The hormone balance is a similar situation that is induced artificially for example in men undergoing gender transitition who will undergo hormone treatment which promotes breast tissue growth.

Now if you have had surgical removal, but still had a hormone imbalance I do not know if it can regrow. A doctor will need to answer that. But I imagine if you have no underlying causes then it should not grow back. After surgery there can be scar tissue that may leave some small lumps under the skin, but this is normal with surgery and can reduce over time as it heals.

But, here we are talking about breast tissue / gland growth. Men can also have the appearance of larger breasts if they are overweight. If the large appearance is due to fat, then this can reoccur of course so keeping healthly is a priority.

There are also some trigger factors that have be said to promote gynecomastia - I do not know if any of these are fully proved or what the scientific background or research is (and people's bodies can all respond differently) - but weed and alcohol can be contributing factors.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024