Author Topic: Surgery with Dr. Steven Lynch  (Read 3750 times)

Offline mumoft

• Posting Member
After a long day of flying cross country yesterday, my son had his consult with the doctor today.  The doctor was kind and showed great interest, asked many questions, took pictures, showed pictures, and then explained what he believed would be the best course of action.  My son will have excision of the gland, lipo upper and lower back, and upper and lower abdomen.  My son is 6'5 225 and very muscular except in these specific areas from a congential condition. The doctor expects excellent results.

Surgery will be about 4.5 hours.

The cost of the surgery alone is 12,000.00
Outpatient at hospital 1200.00
Anesthesia 450.00
The room is 125.00 per night
Car etc.

Ability to take of one's shirt in public. Priceless.

I'll post Wednesday night and let you know the results.

Keep the "t" in mumoft in your thoughts this week.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
After a long day of flying cross country yesterday, my son had his consult with the doctor today. The doctor expects excellent results.

Awesome.... Hope all goes well for your son!

The cost of the surgery alone is 12,000.00
Outpatient at hospital 1200.00
Anesthesia 450.00
The room is 125.00 per night
Car etc.

Ability to take of one's shirt in public, Priceless....

;D ;D ;D   Aint it the truth!!!

John.

Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline mumoft

• Posting Member
My son is resting semi-comfortably after his surgery yesterday.  

Dr Lynch did gland excision and lipo, upper and lower ab, upper and lower back, and axillia (?).  The doctor said 3 hours and it was three hours. In his words my son will look "magnificent". He said all the circuit training and workouts over the past 3 years will pay off for him,  that it was easy to remove the fat by following the definition of the muscle underneath.

When my son was 17 (now 21) he had not gone through the secondary sex characteristics change of puberty and was put on testosterone injections then patches.  He was left with baby fat over the developed muscles.   Dr. Lynch said it was amazing to see the defined shape of the muscles appear while removing what is essentially "baby fat".  He said it was approximately 10 lbs, but not in the sense of 10 lbs--whatever that means.

While we were in pre-op our nurse told us that Dr. Lynch is the only doctor the nurses use to have their plastic surgery.

In post-op a nurse told us that a female doctor had come from the middle east to have surgery with him.

He is very compassionate and personable.  As worried as I was, and as far as we have traveled, and as expensive as it has been, we made the right choice.  

My son will not have his drains removed until next Wed. Then the following Monday 7/24 he will get to see the results, we will then fly back to Portland that afternoon.

When we get home and settled and the bruising is gone I will post pictures as promised. And then like most, I will disappear.

Please,  find a doctor you trust and know will do the best job. Although my husband and I borrowed against our retirement accounts for this, we know that our son will have a much better life. This chapter of his life is now over forever.

I have thought about each and every one of you whose posts have made me know the emotional toll this was taking on my son. While we will never meet, it was your strength, and your willingness to share that has helped me.

Thank you to Grandpa Bambu for his kindness to everyone, and Mel for giving people a place to begin their search.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
My son is resting semi-comfortably after his surgery yesterday.

Awesome... glad to hear all went well!

Dr Lynch did gland excision and lipo, upper and lower ab, upper and lower back, and axillia (?).

The dictionary defines 'axillia' as the cavity beneath the junction of a forelimb and the body. Esp. the armpit.

Although my husband and I borrowed against our retirement accounts for this, we know that our son will have a much better life. This chapter of his life is now over forever.

I take my hat off to you. Your son is lucky to have such awesome parents.

Thank you to Grandpa Bambu for his kindness to everyone, and Merle for giving people a place to begin their search.

Thanks for the kinds words.  :-*

Yes, thank you Merle!!!  You Da Man!

John.

Offline mumoft

• Posting Member
I have pre op pictures and post op pictures (13 days). I can't figure how to post but if you PM with your email I will send them to you.

Offline damngyne

• Posting Member

Offline needhelpnow

• Posting Member
mumoft,
I would just like to thank you for being an understanding parent. Some of us that post here must have our operations in secrecy because we would face ridicule from our own family. I could never tell my parents I am going to have the surgery because out of fear what they will say. I mentioned my condition to my father when i was 13 and he made fun of me. I will never forget that day. Here I am 13 years later and I cant wait till I have my surgery in a few months. Once again I just want to say thank you for helping your son live a fulfilling life.

Regards...

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024