Author Topic: Day 6 Post Op  (Read 2992 times)

Offline gynenomore

• Posting Member
I was reasonably satisfied with the results so far, but today I feel hardness and swelling in chest area (I hate to call that area my breasts, anymore).  I noticed another thread talks about hardness ans swelling in 2nd-3rd week.. did anyone else experience this - as early as 6th day post-op?

The pain is minimal -- except for the pain that was caused during the removal of dressings and bandages (my chest is hairy and I got a free waxing-like experience when the doc removed my bandages a couple of days earlier).

Offline emjay

• Posting Member
We had the surgery the same day, and I do have some swelling.  I was actually worried that it meant that it was not successful. I want for a follow up today and he told me that my swelling was very normal, and he was not at all concerned by it. He also said not to be surprised if over the next few weeks, they harden up, get some random shooting pains, or swell some more.  He also said that one side could experience different things than the other side.  It seems like they won't feel normal for at least a couple of months.

So it seems that your hardening is not abnormal, but I recommend giving your PS a call if you have a concern.

Offline gynenomore

• Posting Member
Thanks emjay!  I am meeting him tomorrow morning (for peace of mind). 

Its awesome that we had surgery the same day!  Are you in NY?  It will be interesting to monitor our progresses :)

I still have to get a better idea about how my chest looks like so I can compare before/after...
« Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 06:47:06 PM by mickyg »

Offline emjay

• Posting Member
One thing I learned from my visit today is not to obsess over it day to day.  There are a bunch of things that can happen over the coming weeks/months that make it seem like things are actually getting worse, but most of those are actually just part of the healing process.

I am still going to be anxious about my progress until I see the results I am hoping for, but I definitely feel more confident after meeting with and speaking to my doc about it today.

Offline booblyn

Dont worry guys..all u said  is normal..or at least i had it after my surgery ( nov 16 )....enjoy ur new look...

Offline gynenomore

• Posting Member
Thanks booblyn:

I met with the PS today; and everything is normal (part/parcel of this surgery-ordeal).  I will be able to post some pics today when I get home.

Thanks for the encouraging words.  Hope I join the club of folks with successful surgery, soon...

2008 has been kind so far :)

Offline snycs10

• Bronze Member
Going in on the 5th for my surgery in NYC, on the 6th day is when I'm upposed to return to work. I have a computer job. Should I be Well enough?

Offline gynenomore

• Posting Member
I wouldn't rush to work so fast.  I took a good 3-4 day rest before I felt like going to work (and be in a position to actually work).  See if you can take a couple of days off.  Your surgeon should be the best judge, but if he says you can resume work the next day, I'd be a little suspicious of this surgeon... because I personally could not have gone to work the next day.  And that is when I didnt feel the need to take any pain killers.. so I was not in pain, but still uncomfortable.

My 2 cents.

Offline KryptoKnight

• Silver Member
  • surgery worth every penny
I work as a waiter so I took almost 2 weeks off; I was thankful that I was able to since waitering can be a pretty laborious job if you're busy.

Offline slyblackdragon

• Silver Member
I sell appliances and went back to work after two days. I changed the way I move appliances for now, I "pull" rather than push them around so I don't put undue stress on my chest. I can see how waiting tables would be a problem, I don't think I can get my arm over my head to hold a tray at the moment.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024