Author Topic: Post-op concerns: Scar-tissue? Swelling? Good news look here.  (Read 15031 times)

Offline frank_the_tank

• Posting Member
If you are in that post-op state where you are worried about your nips not looking the way you want them to, maybe they are swollen, looking deformed etc. etc. Well I know how you feel, I´ve just been going throgh that since my revision surgery and I wouldn´t believe it could actually change, but actually after almost 5 months what appeared to be a permanent "mistake" making the lower side of my left nip looking swollen and deformed disappeared. And this was a major change cause it was big. So if you are nowhere near at least 6 months post-op you must step back and relax. Things can actually happen even after that long.

Offline don_joe

• Silver Member

Offline rdy4chng

• Posting Member
Good points, what you wrote is very true, mine continues to look better every week.

Offline demfranchizeboy

• Posting Member
good to hear! Did you had some scar tissue or just swelling ? I´m almost 5 months post op and i think i got some scar tissue under my nipps which appeard 2 weeks after surgery! What did you do to get rid of your problem ?

Offline Bobby C

• Posting Member
Thats great to hear. Im about 10 weeks post op. I was getting nervous about swelling and scar tissue. I hear there is some sort of injection for scar tissue. I'll find out at my next doctors visit in July.
Just do it!

Offline Dider11

• Posting Member
Thanks for the reassuring words frank_the_tank

Im exactly 2 weeks post op and I think I feel some swelling coming my way.

To be honest, it's making me think my vest isn't tight enough but hopefully that's not the case. How tight is your guys' vest?

I did have a mild case, but it still looks better than when it did before.

Offline GynosaurusRex

• Posting Member
Yes. Thanks for the resassuring words.

I am 3.5 weeks post op. One of my nipples has a crease going across the middle. It looks almost like this (---). Does anyone know what causes this? Will it heal properly on its own or is a revision necessary.

I read on here somewhere that the distortion of the nipple is or can be caused by scar tissue adhering to it. Anyone know if this is true? I'd like to here from a Doctor on this.

Offline MrHappy

• Posting Member
Yes. Thanks for the resassuring words.

I am 3.5 weeks post op. One of my nipples has a crease going across the middle. It looks almost like this (---). Does anyone know what causes this? Will it heal properly on its own or is a revision necessary.

I read on here somewhere that the distortion of the nipple is or can be caused by scar tissue adhering to it. Anyone know if this is true? I'd like to here from a Doctor on this.

you shouldnt need to worry, its only 3.5 weeks you say so your still very very early in the healing process. if you feel hardness at all around your aerola or armpit ect.. then it is most likely swelling or scar tissue. anyways i am almost 4 weeks post op as well and my left seems to differ from my right but thats normal. like i said its still early. give it 6-12 months at least for a final result man.

Offline don_joe

• Silver Member
If you are in that post-op state where you are worried about your nips not looking the way you want them to, maybe they are swollen, looking deformed etc. etc. Well I know how you feel, I´ve just been going throgh that since my revision surgery and I wouldn´t believe it could actually change, but actually after almost 5 months what appeared to be a permanent "mistake" making the lower side of my left nip looking swollen and deformed disappeared. And this was a major change cause it was big. So if you are nowhere near at least 6 months post-op you must step back and relax. Things can actually happen even after that long.
Just a couple of quick questions:
  • did you massage your chest ? At which frequency and for how long ? 
  • For how many weeks did you wear a compression vest ?

Offline GynosaurusRex

• Posting Member
6 weeks post op. I still have the creases. They don't seem to be getting better. I am working out a lot now. I am massaging as well.

GynO_DuDe

The way I looked after the initial op and now 1.5 years later, its amazing how much changes ... and how your chest feels. You get sensation back, you can feel it more 'fuller' if you know what I mean, not as in gyne, but like theirs good tissue in their, its completely healed.

Basically, its true what they say, you have to give it time.

Offline demfranchizeboy

• Posting Member
always good to hear gyno dude. did you have scar tissue after your op ? when did it disappear ?

Offline nipplevision

• Silver Member
this thread has taken away some of my doubts :-)
Am currently almost 4 weeks post op. Nipples look swollen and not like I would like them to be as a final result.
Guess I should just have more patience, but it's so hard. Everyday you check your nipples to check if anything has changed!

Offline GynosaurusRex

• Posting Member
I am starting to have some doubts now. I am 5 months post op. My nipples are distorted when I flex my pecs. What should I do?

Offline don_joe

• Silver Member
I am starting to have some doubts now. I am 5 months post op. My nipples are distorted when I flex my pecs. What should I do?
Just don't flex them (haha)  ;)

Seriously I am in the same situation, also 5 months post-op.  I have scar tissue on both sides: a lump under my left nipple which is slowly receding and doughnut shaped tissue on the right side, which I feel is becoming more fibrous as time goes by.

As a result, when I lift my arms, my left nipple sticks out because of the lump and my right one caves in because of the doughnut !  It's actually quite funny. However, it's no comparison to my appearance when I had gyne. I can now wear tighter, more comfortable synthetic shirts without being worried about my chest -what a relief ! To top it off, working out my pecs and losing weight is giving the whole area a very nice look. 

I am not a bit worried because I feel the tissue is changing and I am very confident it will end up going away. I've never heard or read about tissue not disappearing.  But still, mostly out of curiosity, I'm thinking about starting a thread asking the question: has anybody's scar tissue never gone away ?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024