Author Topic: *When should be Steri Strips Stopped and Antibiotic Ointment started?*  (Read 1806 times)

Offline myhealth

• Posting Member
Hello there,
When should be Steri Strips Stopped and AntiBiotic Ointment started (is ABO necessary at all)?
This is regarding my 4-week male bilateral peri-areolar mastopexy lift. I'm pron to scar spreading and keloid. I've heard some doctors recommend Steri Strips for 3 months or something post op to prevent incision spreading and keloid scars. I'm willing to use Steri Strips as long as necessary. What's usually ideal?

Thank you
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 02:22:10 AM by myhealth »

Offline Dr. Schuster

• Supporting Doctors
    • www.CosmeticSurgeryBaltimore.com
There are many things that can be used to help reduce scars. Silicone tape (Nexcare, Scar Away) is inexpensive and can be found in the drug store. I think it works the best and is the easiest to apply and deal with. I recommend using for 3 months. 
Dr. Schuster
Chief, Division of Plastic Surgery Northwest Hospital
Private practice in Baltimore, Maryland
10807 Falls Road
Lutherville, Maryland 21093
410-902-9800
email: info@drschuster.com

Offline myhealth

• Posting Member
Quote from: Dr. Dr. Schuster link=topic=31686.msg202871#msg202871 date=1460216603
There are many things that can be used to help reduce scars. Silicone tape (Nexcare, Scar Away) is inexpensive and can be found in the drug store. I think it works the best and is the easiest to apply and deal with. I recommend using for 3 months.

Thank you doctor

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024