Author Topic: Still waiting....  (Read 4062 times)

Offline srnd2012

• Silver Member
Hi everyone,
I stumbled across this site almost a year ago and I was so relieved to see so many people in the same fight I've been in for half of my life.  There's really no worse feeling than being a victim in your own skin. I was a silent observer on this site until the end of August when I decided to post my experience.

I am still awaiting an appt date for surgery.  I live in Canada and I'm one of the lucky ones to have my surgery fully covered. I found an experienced gyne surgeon, the only downside being that he has a long waiting list. I just need to be patient.
I decided to make the most of this wait time and get in the best shape possible before my surgery which will hopefully be sometime this fall or winter.  Over the past 4 months I've lost a lot of body fat while increasing my muscle mass as well.  I think it will make the surgery go much better. Thoughts on this?  
I have posted some pics below for you to see..some before and present day.  
I so much wanted to not go through another summer of this but I need to keep my head up high.  
Just wanted to update you all as I haven't posted in some time....still waiting for my surgery date but I will let you all know when I do.  
PS  I'm getting excision and lipo.

Before

« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 04:20:49 PM by srnd2012 »

Offline srnd2012

• Silver Member
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 06:42:06 AM by srnd2012 »

Offline srnd2012

• Silver Member

Offline srnd2012

• Silver Member
most recent

bluenose

What part of Canada are you in?  I am in Nova Scotia and it is not covered here.

Offline srnd2012

• Silver Member
I'm in New Brunswick. First I visited my family doc, then an Endo and finally the PS. He sent a package to Medicare and I heard back a month later they would cover. It was a lengthy process

Offline xelnaga13

Hey Bro- Please take down the pictures showing your pubic region. Its unnecessary and offensive to me, and im sure others.

Offline jay adams

• Gold Member

Offline srnd2012

• Silver Member
sorry gents should've noticed..seems no matter what picture I look at my attention always focuses on my gyne.

Fixed

Offline mildgyno

• Posting Member
great workout....
i think you might not even need the lipo now

Offline srnd2012

• Silver Member
great workout....
i think you might not even need the lipo now

Thanks very much. I appreciate the kind words.  I feel much better now that I'm in better shape and makes me even more excited. 

Offline xelnaga13

Props for getting in shape despite gyne. Prior to my surgery there were times where I didn't see the need for self improvement because my gyne would always ruin it anyway. With lipo/incision and a good surgeon your results should be excellent. 

Offline srnd2012

• Silver Member
Props for getting in shape despite gyne. Prior to my surgery there were times where I didn't see the need for self improvement because my gyne would always ruin it anyway. With lipo/incision and a good surgeon your results should be excellent. 

I know what you mean, having gyne definitely makes it hard to keep yourself motivated.  These last few months have been a struggle.  I keep going day to day with hopes that I will get a call since I asked to be put on a cancellation list.  My job is quite flexible so I'm sure I could take a week or 2 off last minute.
Thanks for the encouraging words. 

Offline xelnaga13

Cancellation list? Did you get it covered and cancel?>

Offline srnd2012

• Silver Member
Cancellation list? Did you get it covered and cancel?>

what that means is that if someone else decided to cancel their surgery apt last minute then they would choose someone from the cancellation list to fill the spot.  I called the office and they told me that quite often in the summer they have cancellations since surgery and the down time that follows would often be an inconvenience to most patients.  I offered to be put on the list.  Even if I don't get a call I'm not too worried,  after all it will be much easier in the cooler months of fall or winter to hide the compression garment while I'm wearing long sleeved shirts and sweaters.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024