Author Topic: some tips to combat gynecomastia  (Read 16543 times)

Offline csite

• Posting Member
Hi guys,

I am an EX-gynecomastia sufferer, well i suppose i got a TINY bit left, but thats when i stare at my chest for like 3 mins!

Anyways, i want to let you guys know how you can Definatly REDUCE your size before considering surgery.

The problem with alot of gynecomastia sufferers is due to the fact that they have not wore tshirts or gone swimming, they are not confident about themselfs. Take it from me, i was an average case tbh, not extreme, but i still went to swimming etc, took my shirt off, wore alot of tshirts! hiding it just makes you feel worse, however if you go in the street CONFIDENT, be sure noone will look, or stare, after all about 5% of all men have this!

Anyways, going on about how to lower the size of yours (breasts)

i know many are VERY VERY aware of going swimming or to the gym, so best option, get a weight lifting bench (about £50) and a set up 20kg (minimum) Dumbells. note 20kg is minimum (more is better!)

What you do is start with lower weights like 5kg-10kg per arm. Do the following excercises, EVERY DAY for 1 month, THEN EVERY SECOND DAY AFTER THAT. You should do each of those MINIMUM 10 reps for 5 times.

First is The Bech press. Shown here:
http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/PectoralSternal/DBBenchPress.html

The the FLY, shown here:
http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/PectoralSternal/DBFly.html

And Finally the Pullover, as shown Here:
http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/PectoralSternal/DBPullover.html

You should do these while intaking more fruites than before and possibly a little more protein in your diet.

Do each of these execises AT LEAST 8-10 repeats for MINIMUM 3-5 times. You have to take rest if you feel tired! but dont take rests of like 20 min! (at the start you feel tired, tired arms etc, but you get used to it!)

I strongly suggest looking into building the REST of your body as well, not just the chest! but if the following workout is done, i can guarentee you over 1 month you will see a diffrence, and over 6 month you will see a BIG diffrence, just take a pic of BEFORE and AFTER as a best way of proof!

Once yuo find the weights easier move upto bigger weights, dont stick with the same 5kg for 6 month, it wont do yu any good, at the same time DONT be rambo and lift 20kg in each arm from the start, you may injure yourself.

The other thing i was going to recommend is REDUCING your body fat, this is done with alot of diffrent excercises, body building being one of them. However there is cycling, cardio and lots more you can do to reduce your body fat. It doesn't always mean having to starve yourself from food on those crappy diets (most being bad for you anyways!)

The biggest problem is motivating yourself to do this, first going to the shops to buy the weights, (you can do it online too!) then actually doing it, when you use weights you should not look at the mirror every day! do it once per 3-4 days, then you should start to see a diffrence, if you do it everyday you will not notice much and you may lose your motivation.

Dont do the exercises for like 1 min every day, it will DO NOTHING! you should be doing minimum 10-15 mins (excluding your rest)

I will be looking forward to responses in a period of time when people try this.

Please note, dont take any drugs, creatine, steroids, etc when doing weight exercises thinking it will do the job faster! i seriously wont recommend it.

Offline c3ntralp3rk

• Silver Member
  • there is hope.
whats wrong with creatine man?

Offline csite

• Posting Member
whats wrong with creatine man?

Nothing much wrong with creatine, but it allowes most to add mass, no matter how little, its probably the last thing a Gyne suferer wants.

dont think by adding weight you can bulk up in like 2-3 weeks, it doesn't work. It takes a lot longer...

Offline hondacrx

• Quando Omni Flunkus Mortati
csite,
good advice there, and good examples of excercises.  I'd like to emphasize your point that a cardio/aerobic workout is essential to improving ones physique.  The body is just like a car, o2 + fuel combust to release co2 and h20 and energy.  Fat = fuel.

Also, a balanced diet is important too.

Offline ss14

• Posting Member
Exercise?  I didn't think of that.

Offline IlluminaZero

• Bronze Member
  • What the hell is YaBB 1G - SP1!?
Weight Lifting will not reduce the gland, it's just that with all that muscle mass (namely upper pectoral and shoulder) it's far less noticeable... Especially if you are wearing a shirt. (Which in my case, it is completly unnoticable depending on shirt/short jacket and nipple stimulation.)

Don't want to dissuade you guys though. There are plenty of health benefits to working out aside from the aesthetic side of things... And you WILL look better, Gynecomastia or not!

I've been weight lifting for... Let me think... Around 5 years now. While I'm not a muscular Hulk of a man, I have reached the point where I can actively flex my pects, and the damn glands are still there. I actually became pretty depressed when I realized that my workouts were simply not fazing the nipple area... (This was before I realized it was Gynecomastia.)

However I can actually take off my shirt now and depending on the weather (nipple stimulation again) I can go out shirtless w/o anyone being the wiser... Something I was unable to do a number of years ago.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2005, 11:04:26 PM by IlluminaZero »

Offline alu

• Posting Member
I have a question about this:

You wrote to do these exercises every day for a month. Isn't this unhealthy though? Shouldn't you let the muscle rest for a day or so?

Offline Worrier

• Gold Member
I tend to take one day a week asa complete rest day. Not so much due to physical tiredness but it is quite tough to beast yourself every day.

I know people who train everyday, they seem to have made gains got stronger etc. It depends if you know what you are doing.

Offline alu

• Posting Member
Are you working hard for 3 days in a row or 3 days throughout the week, for instance monday, wednesday, and friday.

My concern is that I don't know whether to work out various days in a row, or does that not matter as much if I'm taking a rest of one or two days then after those days?

Offline Preds

• Silver Member

As long as you're not working the same muscles on consecutive days you should be okay.  I work out Monday, Wednesday, Friday (or Saturday) with each day focusing on two different muscles, so at the end of the week I work out each muscle group only once.

A lot of trainers are recommending the once a week per muscle training.  However cardio can and should be done every day if possible.  Even brisk walking is good.  Wish I followed my own advise.  lol
Post surgery
Got my shirt off right now!!!!! lol

Offline alu

• Posting Member

As long as you're not working the same muscles on consecutive days you should be okay.  I work out Monday, Wednesday, Friday (or Saturday) with each day focusing on two different muscles, so at the end of the week I work out each muscle group only once.

Alright thanks for that. I was thinking that doing the exercises the topic starter indicated every day for a month couldn't be too healthy.

Offline IlluminaZero

• Bronze Member
  • What the hell is YaBB 1G - SP1!?
Yes, when bulking physical conditioning while a major factor isn't the only one. Rest and Nutrition are equally important.

If you do not sufficiently rest you might actually injure your muscles or slow development of muscle tissue.

If you do not eat sufficient nutrients then your body won't have any materials to work with.

Offline alu

• Posting Member
I've come across a very interesting website called http://www.t-nation.com . I found a lot of useful information there.

Well I should be grateful to the topicstarter, because it was this thread that made me look up on how to build your body.

Offline nowchase

• Bronze Member
    • "Me vs. My Breast"
Strange, because the surgeon I had on for my interview said that often workout will make gynecomastia worse because the muscles gain will push out the breast tissue more.  Excerise only work if you are overweight have large breast.
Free Documentary "Me vs. My Breast"
http://individual.utoronto.ca/charlesh/documentary

Offline bignipCT

• Bronze Member
great post, an i dont care till this day if they say benching makes the gyne worse, i think it doesnt im walking proof

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024