Author Topic: Compression vest  (Read 5770 times)

Offline jay adams

• Gold Member
No problem. Post some after pics when you get further along.

lurkin505

Whenever I take the vest off for a few minutes to shower I notice that my chest gets really firm, almost tenses up. Also there is a numbing sensation... Is this normal? I have my 10 day follow up this thursday, I will have the stitches removed from where the lipo took place. Also, when will the disolvable stitches come out? I guess these are all questions I could ask on thursday, however I am just curious...

Offline KSS24

• Bronze Member
Hi mate, although I am only on day 6 I can tell you from what I've heard what you have explained is very common. When people take off the vest swelling can start to appear along with numbness or a pins and needles sensation. This is because the vest is there to reduce swelling so when you take it off, swelling can appear.

I personally have only taken my vest off for 15 minutes here and there and then max for an hour when I've showered, I can't say I've personally had any extra numbing (more than mine still is from the surgery) or extra swelling when I've taken it off, but I am still early in and like I said, have only actually had the vest off for 1 hour twice and then 15mins here and there on some days.

I guess it also depends on the persons body and how it heals. But put simply yes I believe this is perfectly normal, I think I've seen people say they have had this after the 2 weeks of having the vest on 24 hours a day, and that a T-shirt has felt very weird against their chest (bare skin) without the vest. This eventually goes with time. Just like the rest of most of the problems that can occur.#

But as you say you can ask any of these things tomorrow on your check up and I'm sure they will reassure you with any issues you have.

lurkin505

Thanks for the response :) I actually just got back from the docs office and apparently, according to the nurse and surgeon my results are looking great so far! They gave me some type of gauze tape to tape where the incisions are. I have to rock that for about 3 weeks until my next visit. They also removed the pads finally, so all I am left with is the vest as I am still swollen and bruised. I can wear the under armour shirt as long as it is tight. So far so good!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024