Author Topic: Biggest Bullshit  (Read 4518 times)

Offline Bigchest123

• Bronze Member
 >:(... WTF.... so i had gyne surgery 6 weeks ago and the doctore left in some stichces.... he sin another country so ic ant go back to him so i went to an emergency room.... they said they cant take em out.... they sent me to a bigger clinic... the bigger clinic said the stitches are too deep in and they dont know how to get them out so there sending me to a SURGEON.... they said there gonna need to make an incision and surgically remove my stiches from my gyne surgery.... what the darn kind of shit is this... god knows why im not of age to leggaly carry a gun becouse i would have blasted atleast 2 doctors and then blasted myself im so pissed right now i dont even know what im going to do... im highly upset about this entire situation

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
I sympathize with you.  But, one of the main themes on this website is to choose your doctor carefully and to make sure he does a lot of gyne surgery.  True, you may save some money going out of the country for your procedure -- but what happens to you for follow up care or if there are problems such as yours with sutures, or infection, or prolonged fluid accumulation, or irregular contour or something else?  What if you need revision surgery of some type?  Lastly, if things have gone really bad, you have no legal redress against surgeons in another country. 

In truth, trying to find a doctor in this country to fix up another doctor's complications is difficult -- who wants to take on a complicated case with an unhappy and angry patient?  At best, a US doctor may help somewhat -- and maybe you can't correct the problem without additional surgery and expense -- and then it may not be perfect.  It's a no-win situation for the US surgeon -- and many will refuse to treat such a patient.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline RyanMace

• Gold Member
Are you sure that the stitches won't dissolve on it's own?

Offline Bigchest123

• Bronze Member
yeah.... there nylon.... i called my doctor though and he said that i dont have to get another surgery and he thinks they are saying that to just get money..... he told me the stirches r easy to take out and i could do them if i want to but he would preffer a doctor and since they dont want to do it i should... he told me how and it sounded pretty easy so i did it and now there gone..... so yeah.....

Offline Copespo

• Gold Member
yeah.... there nylon.... i called my doctor though and he said that i dont have to get another surgery and he thinks they are saying that to just get money..... he told me the stirches r easy to take out and i could do them if i want to but he would preffer a doctor and since they dont want to do it i should... he told me how and it sounded pretty easy so i did it and now there gone..... so yeah.....

well there u go, no need to panic lol... sounds a little risky taking the stitches out by urself...hm I wouldnt do it...
Lose 10 (kg) by August... Achieved
Lose 5 (kg) by Mid-September.....Achieved
Gain 20 (lb) in Muscle by December.......Achieved, Gained 24lb in Muscle
Gynecomastia Consultation October 17, 08......Complete

Surgery Completed January 8th, 2009 with Dr. Elliot Jacobs in NYC!

Offline moobius

• Gold Member
jeeeze... just take the stitches out yourself. just cut the stitch and then pull on one side with a pair of tweezers

Offline gynebegone2

• Bronze Member
I've taken stitches out on my own before.. its nothing at all.  However "too deep to take out" I've never heard before.  Unless you healed over your stitches?  Regardless I really cant think of any situation where stitches from juts a nominal gland excision need to be removed surgically.  The fact that you have gone to two doctors and they both said they couldn't do it I find alarming.  Any doctor would be able take care of any stitches that are on the surface.  Can you post pictures or a better description?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024