Author Topic: question regarding my gyno  (Read 2092 times)

Offline paine

Would be great if I could get an answer to this:

I have a mild case of gynecomastia where excess fat and glandular tissue under and around the nipples are causing a contour issue, with limited amount of fat anywhere else on the chest.

I have small lumps under each nipple, which is normal for someone with gyno, but I also have small (around the size of a pea) and some slightly larger than that, hard lumps that feel relatively round, in the fat tissue on the bottom of the chest....could this possibly be more glandular tissue, or is it normal for fat tissue to have small hard regions of cellulite that may feel like pea-sized lumps?

Thanks!

DrBermant

Would be great if I could get an answer to this:

I have a mild case of gynecomastia where excess fat and glandular tissue under and around the nipples are causing a contour issue, with limited amount of fat anywhere else on the chest.

I have small lumps under each nipple, which is normal for someone with gyno, but I also have small (around the size of a pea) and some slightly larger than that, hard lumps that feel relatively round, in the fat tissue on the bottom of the chest....could this possibly be more glandular tissue, or is it normal for fat tissue to have small hard regions of cellulite that may feel like pea-sized lumps?

Thanks!

All mammals with have breast gland, both male and female. For men, it is an issue of how much contributes to the contour problem. Exam of the Male Chest by feeling the tissue does not differentiate between fat and gland. Although gland tends to feel firm and fat soft, gland can be soft and fat firm. Check out the Anatomy of Gynecomastia, fingers of gland course through fingers of fat. That complicates determining the nature of tissues by touch alone.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024