Author Topic: Donut-like Gland?  (Read 2853 times)

Offline cherpphil

• Posting Member
Hi everyone,

When I feel for gland, it's clear that it is present. What scares me is that the gland is not directly under the nipple, but surrounds it. Almost like a donut because it seems that directly under the nipple it seems to be empty.

Also, my right nipple has a darker border around the actually nipple at the tip. Any idea as to why that is happening?
Thanks guys!

Offline GlandMan

• Posting Member
That's exactly how mine felt. I just had surgery yesterday and when the dr showed me the glands he took out they were both solid masses, not donut shaped at all.

Offline cherpphil

• Posting Member
That's exactly how mine felt. I just had surgery yesterday and when the dr showed me the glands he took out they were both solid masses, not donut shaped at all.

Oh wow I wouldn't have thought.. and by the way how did your surgery go? Always happy to hear stories about them.

Offline GlandMan

• Posting Member

Oh wow I wouldn't have thought.. and by the way how did your surgery go? Always happy to hear stories about them.

Yeah I was surprised, too. I was expecting at least a crescent moon shape because that's how they felt. I guess the Drs. on here mean it when they say it is impossible to tell the difference between fat and gland just by touching.

My surgery went well, it has been 100x more painful than I expected going in but it will be worth it.

Offline cherpphil

• Posting Member

Yeah I was surprised, too. I was expecting at least a crescent moon shape because that's how they felt. I guess the Drs. on here mean it when they say it is impossible to tell the difference between fat and gland just by touching.

My surgery went well, it has been 100x more painful than I expected going in but it will be worth it.

Yeah i guess they are! Well good luck with everything pal, hope all goes well.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
The mere presence of any excess tissue on a male chest will justify a diagnosis of gynecomastia.  Feeling one's chest and trying to determine whether one has gland or fat -- particularly for a non-physician -- is simply futile.  Even my hands cannot always tell -- but I sure know for certain that there will be some ratio of gland and fat in all that tissue.  In fact, many guys with gyne have a soft feel directly beneath the areola with some firmer tissue surrounding it - it is still gyne.

Best advice:  stop trying to self-diagnose and consult with a gyne expert in your area for a professional opinion.

Dr Jacobs

Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024