Author Topic: Breast Shape  (Read 27531 times)

William

Hi

Because of the large size of my Breasts, I do not wear any support at work. I work mainly a desk job and lifting large document boxes is about as active as I get on the job (no running or jumping). My breasts have always been pendulous and I have seen that not wearing a bra so much has increased their pendulous shape. Now I am wondering if I should do some of the exercises designed to resist breast sagging.

My logic is that the only people who see my breasts are my girlfriend, Doctor and Staff. It is my Doctor and Staff that most concern me, I have accepted myself enough where I am not insane before Doctor's Appointments, but having breasts that heading toward my waistline just adds to what I need to accept.

The problem is that if I do firm them up, my breasts may be more visible in day to day life.

William

A modification to this thread. Responding to the last post, I will speak clearly (something I should have done at the beginning) and ask contributors to limit their comments to dealing with this thread's topic without talking about bras.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 07:40:56 AM by William »

13genof

If you have chosen to except your breast, then you need to take care of them. to care for them it is the same as what a female would do, and the number one thing is support, and yes the exercises will help, but not alone! It's your choice, no one can make it for you.

::)Good Luck!

Offline khan

• Posting Member
If you have chosen to except your breast, then you need to take care of them. to care for them it is the same as what a female would do, and the number one thing is support, and yes the exercises will help, but not alone! It's your choice, no one can make it for you.

::)Good Luck!

today i went out for my research(and bought a compression undergarment).37 is the number of men wearing that kind of garment and
this garment is noticeable under t-shirt even under polo shirt.
a quick question: is there any difference between male bra and female bra?

13genof

Yes Mens compression vest and bras smash, female support and don't smash.

8)

Offline pat

• Posting Member
Be a man and accept your breasts and go and get proper bra fitting and you will be surprised at the comfort that you will have, the biggest hurdle is to get the courage to walk into shop and ask for the fitting.

I know it took me about 2 years to get a decently fitting bra and these days you won't catch me without my bra on, I enjoy the comfort
Patricia

13genof

Hi

Because of the large size of my Breasts, I do not wear any support at work. I work mainly a desk job and lifting large document boxes is about as active as I get on the job (no running or jumping). My breasts have always been pendulous and I have seen that not wearing a bra so much has increased their pendulous shape. Now I am wondering if I should do some of the exercises designed to resist breast sagging.

My logic is that the only people who see my breasts are my girlfriend, Doctor and Staff. It is my Doctor and Staff that most concern me, I have accepted myself enough where I am not insane before Doctor's Appointments, but having breasts that heading toward my waistline just adds to what I need to accept.

The problem is that if I do firm them up, my breasts may be more visible in day to day life.

William

It seems as though this has turned into talking about bras due to the fact you mentioned it in your post.

However you wish to handle your pendulous breast is cool, I hope exercise works for you, Good Luck!

8)

Offline Tiffany

• Posting Member
William,
  I would imagine that bras would tend to come up in almost any conversation about breast acceptance due to the lack of options. Even more so considering the title of this thread is breast shape.
  If you accept having breasts you can either support and shape them or let gravity take it's course.
  If you support and shape them a bra comes into the conversation.
  If you decide to allow gravity to run it's course you can either have a small chest with breasts or work out and have a large chest with breasts.
  From what I see of photos either way you can end up with breasts like those on the African women in National Geographic magazines.
  Personally, I would choose to support and shape them. Women's breasts are more appealing to the eye and that is what gyno is. Woman-like-breasts.
  And, women use bras to support and shape their own woman-like-breasts.
  There really isn't many options.
  May God bless,
  Tiff
It's too easy to get on a "woe is me" kick.
Life is too good in other ways.
If I can't poke fun of myself I sure would be pathetic.

13genof

It may also come up because guys who have large breast and do not plan on having surgery and truly accept them, they are not uncomfortable about bras as they are only an article of clothing designed to support breast.  I personally do not want breast like old women or African tribal women!   As for a exercise for large breast to keep breast from sagging you may be able to firm the the muscles behind the breast, but as far as the large breast tissue it will sag, that is why large breasted women, in fact all women wear a bra to prevent sagging.

Sorry this upsets you so much.

8)Good luck!

Offline Tiffany

• Posting Member
William,
  I understand that some may have a fixation with articles of clothing and some tend to get carried away with lingerie.
  But, think about the question and the issue it deals with.
  Breast shape for accepted gyno can really only be handled in a few ways. One is a top that flattens and the other shapes. That just about leaves us with gyno tops or bras. Not much else.
  I guess another alternative to shaping breasts would be corsets or the women's corset top shirts.
  There just isn't too many alternatives.
  If anyone else can think of any I would appreciate their input.
  May God bless,
  Tiff

Offline Anon E Mouse

• Bronze Member
Well, speaking only for myself, I find that many of the issues overlap to some degree. In my circumstances I found it best to accept that I have breasts. My body doesn't produce enough testosterone which causes my breasts to grow. I therefore take testosterone injections, which cause my breasts to grow. I've lost 20 pounds, and my breasts continue to grow. I could have surgery (which I am unable to afford), but from what I've read so far, in my circumstances as many as 30% simply grow them back. In short, I can kick-up a lot of dust about it, or I can choose to accept that I have them and likely always will.

Once I've accepted that, I can then begin looking at how I'm going to deal not only with having them, but with the breasts themselves. I have them, but will I cower in shame for something my body is doing without my permission? Why should I? I didn't sneak down to some back-alley body shop and have them secretly installed. I've broken no moral law to be ashamed of, or to repent of. Neither have the vast majority of you! Your bodies are growing tissue without your permission as well. Yet, a large number of the posts I read here sound as though the person thinks they have done something shameful. Don't get me wrong. I completely understand why the young guys (especially) have such a difficult time with all this. I would encourage them to make every effort to find a way to get the surgery. That said, for those who have chosen to accept that they have breasts and are looking for how to deal with that reality, breast shape, size, clothing, tips, and techniques are all appropriate topics for discussion.

Dealing with the reality of breasts on a man is complicated at best. We're just not build like a woman. Our bone structure is different. We're barrel-chested and our breasts are farther apart. Since we suffer from different types of gyne our breasts are shaped differently from each other, as well as differently than a woman's, the issue of garments is directly related to our acceptance of our gyne, and how we deal with that acceptance. With the exception of specialty shops, garment makers who even remotely deal with clothing a breast look only at the female form. There's simply little financial incentive for them to invest any serious monies in garments for men with gyne. This too is a valid subject of conversation.

In the end, if someone is in the process of accepting their breasts (and it is a process), they should be able to come here and discuss everything related to that process. That may include the process of acceptance. It may include compressions garments, and/or bras. It may include how to help conceal their gyne/compression garment/bra/etc., under their outer garments. It's all part of the process of acceptance.

The mental and emotional difficulties for the young guys is especially difficult. What a great opportunity for those of us who are more mature to come along side of these young men and help encourage them. How we treat them will have a profound effect of who these young men become. We, after all, are the ones who will teach them how to view and how to value themselves as men. I understand that I am not defined by my body, but by the man that is in this body. Most young men are just learning who they are and struggle to separate the young men that they are from the body that they're in. We could be a big help to these guys through that whole process at a time in their lives where it matters most.

Anon

Offline pat

• Posting Member
Hi, My Breasts started grow very efficiently after I had Testosterone injections, and now that I have accepted them & love them. One medico offered to have them removed but, I said NO THANK YOU.
These days I have actually moved to the point of wanting to transition to being a woman. So I am very happy at having breasts

Offline Tiffany

• Posting Member
Pat,

I am sure that you could find valuable information at Susan's Transgender Forums if you are serious. But, then again, if you are not maybe over there you could see the living hell that some go through when their thoughts and emotions involuntarily do not match their bodies.
  Gynecomastia is as involuntary as transgenderiism/transsexualism. To spam either with a heartless post is a shame.
  May God bless,

Tiff

Offline gotgyne

Hi William,

There are many women with chests that are just as flat as the perfect male chest, yet they seldom see the need to identify as male because of their chests. That is something that must be particular to the male psychic.

your thoughts are just the same I've wondered about some time ago. But to me it seems that the whole topic is more complex. There are women who feel completely at ease with their flat chests while other females are desperately longing for breast enlargement surgery, even if they are still in their teens, despite the possibility that their breasts may still grow. Or think of women after mastectomy. Some are okay with it, even don't wear breastforms after bilateral mastectomy. Look at this photo: http://www.flickr.com/photos/sentenced2live/389701294/
No doubt she is a very sexy women to the core, even without breasts. In contrast other females couldn't live without reconstruction. So it seems that some of the women with flat chests don't identify as female, while others do.

The same about men. Especially young men tend to have surgery for their gynecomastia. On the other hand I notice many older males displaying their big breasts at the pool, the beach or the sauna. They are so large, that most of the females would be proud of them, but they don't worry at all. There are some young men too. A decade ago I noticed a man in his 20s with breasts in size of roughly a DD cup walking topless(!) on the sidewalk of a Spanish town at the Mediterranean Sea. He wasn't embarrassed the least.

To me one kind of solution is how we personally deal with the expectations of society. Let's suppose society expects that women have breasts and men don't, should these people who don't meet the expectations change their body with the help of surgery? Or should society change itself and become more accepting? Meanwhile I prefer the last, for I am a strong individual character now. My motto is: "Whoso would be a man must be a nonconformist." (Ralph Waldo Emerson). Or doesn't society expect this? Then it might be a matter of our wrong perception.    

Women chose to start wearing pants like men in Western Culture, but it was not a expression of their sexuality but a expression of practicality.

In Western Society nowadays women wear every kind of garment they want to. Some like suits and even ties. Only men put up a fuss about their wardrobe. It's high time for a change! In some of the postings here you can read that especially female physicians recommend wearing a bra to the male patients if their breasts cause any discomfort. So do even some wives of such men. It seems that most of the women predominantly look upon a bra as a practical garment. Why don't we - the men - stop sexualizing it?    

As a whole I think that men with Gynecomastia need to share and discuss feelings, emotions and expectations more.

I wholeheartedly agree with you!

John
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 07:44:03 AM by gotgyne »
A bra is just an article of clothing for people with breasts.

Offline gotgyne

Well said JOHN Well said, as is all of your response!

Thank you! Your postings are very worth reading too. By doing so I came to the conclusion that your attitude on gynecomastia is very similar to mine.

John

13genof

Thanks again John!

8)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024