Author Topic: Testosterone Therapy  (Read 3207 times)

Offline jimmy1234

• Posting Member
I just got back from my endo and he said that with the blood testing results that everything is on the low end of normal in terms of hormonal balance. He then said because of my previous experience with gyne and it coming back that he might suggest me taking 0.5 mg of testosterone weekly injection. I then asked him if this would lead to another recurrence of gyne(since i am going in foe r revision in 2 weeks). He said this small amount would not cause gyne but i am afraid of when the therapy ends their could be some hormone problems leading to gyne again. I am just leary of anything that my lead back to the gyne. Does anyone have a similiar experience or knowledge on the matter.

Offline serapis

• Posting Member
What was your testosterone level?  On the dosage are sure it's .5mgs?

Offline jimmy1234

• Posting Member
yeah positive about the dosage not sure what my levels were

Offline jimmy1234

• Posting Member
It's an intra muscular injection but yeah it is 0.5 mg per week of testosterone cypionate.

Offline jimmy1234

• Posting Member
Sorry guys i was wrong with the dosage .it's 0.5ml which is 50 mg. The thing that worries me is that he said he did not want this to be a permanent thing and i read that one of the side effects of using testosterone cypionate was gynecomastia.he said that with such a small dosage he doesn't believe that there would be a side effect but I just want to make sure.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I think that you will have to trust someone and the best person to put that trust in would be an Endocrinologist.

Remember that the hormones do not work individually but all the hormones work in a complex concert together.

If the Testosterone level was low, but the Estrogen level was "Normal." The Estrogen would dominate and that could have been the reason for the Gynecomastia. Balancing the Testosterone would treat the cause of the Gynecomasia in that case.

If the Testosterone level was too high, the body would respond by shutting down the testes (even possibly causing them to shrink) and aromatase would convert the excess Testosterone into Estrogen often resulting in Gynecomastia.

The balancing act that needs to be performed here is clearly way beyond any of us and the services of an Endocrinologist are needed to make sense of things.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024