Author Topic: Did the breast tissue come back, or is it just scar tissue?  (Read 4068 times)

Offline eyooh

• Bronze Member
I am really unhappy with my surgery, as I still can't wear a shirt without looking fucking retarded. I had surgery in september 2010, and one would it would look good by now, but it doesn't.

I had a check-up with my doctor a month ago, and he told me that I had lots of scar tissue. My chest is 3/4 as big as it used to be before surgery. Can really scar tissue be this big? Theres really hard lumps under both my nipples with weird cracks in them. I've been massaging my chest since early december now, but the improvement is barely noticeable.

My surgeon told me that there was no solution to remove scar tissue, as operating it away would only cause my body to produce more.

It seems like theres lots of fat in my chest area as well. Will slimming down get rid of this?
My BMI is 21,6 so I'm not really fat.

Offline zhay783

• Posting Member
It could be scar tissue. I would check into Kenalog treatments if I were you, and maybe see a better plastic surgeon about it.

DrBermant

I am really unhappy with my surgery, as I still can't wear a shirt without looking fucking retarded. I had surgery in september 2010, and one would it would look good by now, but it doesn't.

I had a check-up with my doctor a month ago, and he told me that I had lots of scar tissue. My chest is 3/4 as big as it used to be before surgery. Can really scar tissue be this big? Theres really hard lumps under both my nipples with weird cracks in them. I've been massaging my chest since early december now, but the improvement is barely noticeable.

My surgeon told me that there was no solution to remove scar tissue, as operating it away would only cause my body to produce more.

It seems like theres lots of fat in my chest area as well. Will slimming down get rid of this?
My BMI is 21,6 so I'm not really fat.

I see many patients with residual contour problems after gynecomastia surgery done elsewhere. So many that I coined a phrase "Puffy Nipple Complication" that you can search for on this forum. Check out this answer to a similar poster:

https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=22009.msg148398;topicseen#msg148398

I have even developed my standard pictures that demonstrate such issues which tend to show to a much greater degree with animation, flexing muscles, and living life.

While all surgery results in scars, the trick to this is trying to minimize such scars and still provide a good contour. Both in the operating room and under the pathologist's microscope, the tissue: residual gland and scar just are not easily differentiated, they look the same (at least with the stains and methods commonly used by my pathologists).

Options depend on many factors. However, revision gynecomastia surgery is an art form. Not all doctors have the same skills. Look for actual before and after surgery pictures and even better videos to see just what that doctor offers.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, M.D.
Board Certified
American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member: American Society of Plastic Surgeons and American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons
Specializing in Gynecomastia and Surgical Sculpture of the Male Chest
(804) 748-7737

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024