Author Topic: UK Revision advice - Levick or Karidis???  (Read 3144 times)

Offline Pk2802

• Posting Member
I had surgery Sept '12 , and from the outset wasn't happy with the result. Now i am looking into revision in Sept '13 Who would you recommend, Levick or Karidis? I live in London, but have no issues with going to Birmingham for surgery.

Offline Boobicles

• Posting Member
I was in the same position so went to see both. I preferred Levick by far. He's got to be one if the nicest blokes I've ever met. Totally understands and has plenty of time for you. He also has more experience. I have my revision in a few weeks so fingers crossed.

Offline Donut

• Gold Member
Can we ask who you had the original surgery with and what exactly you're not happy with?

Offline wingman

• Silver Member
    • My Twitter
Can we ask who you had the original surgery with and what exactly you're not happy with?

This, pretty much. Can safely assume it wasn't L or K.

Follow my Twitter: www.twitter.com/wingman0401

Offline improving

• Silver Member
I'd be happy with either of them doing revision. Probably chose Levick as he has more experience but if i lived in London i'd go with Karidis.

Offline Pk2802

• Posting Member
Thanks for the advice guys. My original surgeon was neither L nor K. Don't want to name who it was at this point. Perhaps he did the best that could have been done given my particular situation,I will need a second opinion (from L or K) to find out. My instinct says to go with Levick.  

Offline darkstar

• Silver Member
I had my op done by Levick and only have good things to say about the guy. But I've heard good things about both of them. If it would help your decision, see both of them first and make an opinion based on your first impression.

Best of luck

Offline 3rdTimeLucky (Dave)

• Bronze Member
Have you thought about trying to get some of your money back?
Its something I still need to get round to doing...

Offline Pk2802

• Posting Member
I don't think that was an option?

Offline Donut

• Gold Member
If they did a bad job it is very much an option, plus possibly a chunk of compensation on top... But if as you suggest "they did their best given my situation", then maybe not.

A professional opinion from L or K will soon answer that question: if they are able to get it right then it *can* be done, and so you then might well have a good claim against original surgeon I would have thought. If you go for new surgery make sure you take plenty of photos "before".

I should add I'm not a lawyer!!! - though I have had a lot of dealings with civil law over the years in business, and the principles are the same, regardless of the 'product' pretty much.

Offline about2change

• Silver Member
As a law student I can offer you guys some advice

Chances of getting money back from a surgeon are VERY slim.

You must prove that the work was not done to standard of 'reasonable care and skill'.. this will be extremely difficult in court because of the constant 'floodgates' argument (if one person is allowed, then surely everyone should be allowed)

You could always claim for medical negligence but thats totally a different argument

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024