Author Topic: Growing again - post surgery  (Read 5477 times)

Offline benusa

• Silver Member
Hi,
New here. Just found this site after experiencing regrowth.
A little background, I got breast buds at age 10. When I was 12, I grew breasts almost overnight. They were bigger than most girls my age. It was a terrible time of my life

I couldn’t afford surgery until I was 20yrs old, but it left me completely flat. I’ve been on testosterone for a long time. I had to stop taking the estrogen blocker, though. Everything was normal until a few months ago.

Im 36. My chest started growing like crazy. Sometimes it feels heavy and tight. I’ve had a little pain and tenderness. I like the compressive feeling of a tight tank. Not really big enough for a bra, but I’m conscious of them when I wear a seat belt and becoming more aware of my breasts. My lab results came back and both testosterone and estrogen were high. Estrogen was over 200. I’m not sure if I can get on a different blocker yet. If not, I expect more growth. I’m in a different place now and sort of like having the thicker chest even if it looks uneven due to previous surgery. I don’t want another surgery. Attaching photos. Thoughts?

Offline blad

I guess this is one reason many of us just decided to wear a bra and not consider surgery.

Regrowth after surgery would just be a mess.
If the bra fits, wear it.

Offline SideSet

Have you tried a bra?

Offline benusa

• Silver Member

Offline Johndoe1

Im 36. My chest started growing like crazy. Sometimes it feels heavy and tight.
benusa,

I am so sorry you are experiencing this. I know it happens more than is reported and is one of the reasons I have chosen to live with my breasts. That is not a judgement on your decision because if it were to happen to me, I am not sure how I would react. The fact you are being level headed and rational is a credit to you.

We are here to support you in anyway we can.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline benusa

• Silver Member
Thanks so much. It’s something I’m becoming increasingly conscious of especially when they jiggle. All the growth occurred in the past 10 weeks or so. Part of me worries that in another 10 weeks they might be quite sizable if I let it go. Another part of me asks is it really that bad? So many men I see have big breasts and don’t worry about them.

Offline Johndoe1

Another part of me asks is it really that bad? So many men I see have big breasts and don’t worry about them.
All I can say in my own case, I have DD/DDD size breast on a man's chest. I have had them all of my adult life. I am older than you are. I eventually decided that for my comfort and for appearance, a bra was an obvious answer. Until then, I almost continually thought about my chest and what others thought. But in the end, I found no one cared. That was so surprising. I have always tried to stay under the radar, and to have an air of confidence. That has helped me.

Offline benusa

• Silver Member
Hi Johndoe1,

I’m so glad to hear you have found things that have helped. You must have been dealing with this for a while.

As I mentioned to Sideset, I haven’t tried a bra, but not completely opposed to it around home. I don’t have nearly the size I once did and not really large enough for one yet.

I think there’s truth in what you said about confidence. Sometimes if we make a big deal out of something it will become a big deal.

-Ben

Offline benusa

• Silver Member
After reading on this site I’m thinking about trying a bra. I measured 37 and 40. Is that an A cup yet?

Offline Johndoe1

If you measured 37 inches around your chest right underneath your breasts, and you measured 40 inches around the fullest part of your breasts, that would be a 38B. You may want to used this calculator to see if you indeed are a 38B. Remember that measurements are a starting point. Shape and style bra along with measurements will get you to where you need to be. You may want to use the six measurements this calculator uses to get a more refined measurement. https://abrathatfits.org/calculator.php And don't get hung up on the numbers and letters. That is the number one reason 80% of all women wear the wrong size bra. Band size to cup size is a ratio. A 38B is the same cup size as a 32DD. An A cup is 1 inch larger around the fullest part of the breasts over the band. B is 2 inches. C is three inches, etc. In the end it is all about comfort and support, not numbers and letters. The band should be sung, but not uncomfortably snug. 80% to 90% of support comes from the band not the straps. For this reason is why you need to have to band snug. Nothing red or angry. It will leave a mark on your skin but it should fade within 30 minutes or so. 

For most men, if you are looking at an underwire, which gives the best support and shaping, you are looking for a plunge bra. Most men are wide set, meaning their tissue is such that you can put two or three fingers between the breast and are shallow in shape meaning there is not much tissue above the nipple. Underwire plunge bras work well for this shape. One thing to remember with all underwire bras is that the gore, or the bridge part between the breasts should tack, or sit flat against the sternum with each breast separately encapsulated in each cup for best support and comfort. Soft cup bras or bras with no underwire will not lay flat. Not enough structure to force the gore flat. Soft cup bras also have a tendency to give a mono boob look but are very supportive and can be shaped due to the use of stitching on and around the cups. Stick to skin tone colors. White has a tendency to outline through other clothes. Your breasts should comfortably sit in the wires of the cup if underwire. Any pinching or other discomfort or what is called "quad boob" or tissue trying to escape over the top of the cup is a sign the bra/cup is not the right size. The cups should smoothly encase the breasts with no detectable bra lines. Bras are an external form fitting skin with built in scaffolding to support tissue that has no support structure of its own. And always when putting on a bra, lean forward, let the tissue naturally fall into the cups, then scoop all the tissue under your arms into the cup before standing. This is called "swoop and scoop."  Some women don't do this and this is why they complain about fit and comfort. Tissue goes back farther than most people think. Getting all this tissue in the cup helps with comfort, support and appearance. I normally wear my bras 15-19 hours a day, every day and forget I am even wearing it most of the time because I am wearing the correct size bra and I swoop and scoop when I first put it on. And bras are a try it on thing. Very rarely do you get it right the first time, or second time or third time. It's the nature of the beast. You keep trying on bras until you find one that works. This is because no two breasts are the same. Not even on the same body.

Good luck!

Offline benusa

• Silver Member
Wow. Thank you very much for the long reply. I just can’t believe I’m a B cup. I may get one soon to try and let you know.

Offline Johndoe1

Wow. Thank you very much for the long reply. I just can’t believe I’m a B cup. I may get one soon to try and let you know.
Here's a link that will give you more information on bra fitting that is very helpful. There's a section for men with gynecomastia at the end.

https://sophisticatednotion.com/bra-fitting-and-sizing-guide/

Offline SideSet

I know it probably sounds scary, but the best thing to do would be to go in and get a bra fitting. Soma, for example, is very welcoming of men.  If you feel nervous, you can call your local Soma boutique and make an appointment.  They will measure you, bring your bras to try on, help you in the fitting room, give you opinions and advice.  Not at all judgmental 

Offline benusa

• Silver Member
I wouldn’t do that but I may get one and try it.

Offline Busty

I can understand your reluctance to go in for a fitting and try on bras, but if you do, you will end up with a bra that works much better for you than if you do trial and error 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024