Author Topic: My First Bra  (Read 14168 times)

Offline blad

For me I used to wear it only at home, then I got jealous seeing women walking around with [their] bras
It's tiring to have to hide it.  I wish I could just go out in a cool tank-top T-shirt and whatever bra best remedies the discomforts, without anyone particularly caring or noticing that an outline—or, gasp, my straps—were showing.  This used to be considered indecent even for women, but now no one cares.  Yeah, we get a bit jealous.  It would be nice to be able to just dress comfortably and forget about it and get on with life.
In an ideal world, it would not matter if our bra outline was visible.
If the bra fits, wear it.

Offline benusa

• Silver Member
This is my third evening wearing a bra. I just think it’s very comfortable. Way better than a compression shirt. It does make me have obvious bumps in front.
Going braless at work is less noticeable but I’m becoming increasingly conscious of their shape and size. No plans to wear publicly at this time but I really like it. It’s greatly helped my posture.

aboywithgirls

This is my third evening wearing a bra. I just think it’s very comfortable. Way better than a compression shirt. It does make me have obvious bumps in front.
Going braless at work is less noticeable but I’m becoming increasingly conscious of their shape and size. No plans to wear publicly at this time but I really like it. It’s greatly helped my posture.
I was 12 when I had my first "bra talk" with my mother and I started wearing a bra around the house. I also knew that it was comfortable and helped with the typical growing pains in my boobs. I was 16 when I had the second "bra talk" and she asked me to start wearing one all the time. I've been wearing full-time ever since. Bras work. Half of the world wakes up and puts their bra on every day because they have boobs. We just happen to be in that half. 

Offline benusa

• Silver Member
Did your mom initiate the talk? I can’t imagine what that must have been like. We’re you just starting to get them at 12? I’m glad you are comfortable and confident.

aboywithgirls

That's really what happened. I had breasts that were bigger then even most 12 year old girls. They were supposed to go away so nobody would do surgery. She tried her best to make me comfortable. I still appreciate it and know that she did the best she could.

Offline benusa

• Silver Member
It sounds like she was trying to help you. I’m glad you had some kind of support at that difficult time. It sounds like you have come out well on the other side of that. Thanks for sharing. I enjoy your posts.

Offline benusa

• Silver Member
One question about bra fit that I just decided to post to the group. Yesterday I got home and put it on and the fit was more loose. I questioned whether it had stretched or even if I was actually a B cup. Tonight I put it on and it fits very tight. Does anyone else have extreme fluctuations in fit? I’m wondering if this is the norm or if I just have fluid retention or something?

Offline Johndoe1

One question about bra fit that I just decided to post to the group. Yesterday I got home and put it on and the fit was more loose. I questioned whether it had stretched or even if I was actually a B cup. Tonight I put it on and it fits very tight. Does anyone else have extreme fluctuations in fit? I’m wondering if this is the norm or if I just have fluid retention or something?
Probably has to do with water retention.

It's also not a good idea to wear the same bra everyday. It is recommended to give at least a 24 hour to 48 hour period for the elastane in the bra time to naturally relax or you will stretch out your bra. That is why it is recommended a bra rotation of a minimum of three bras for three day rotation. The normal wear should be around 100 wears is considered normal life for a bra. Obviously size and weight of the bust will effect that number along with care and cleaning of the bra. About 4 wearings is considered a normal pattern before hand washing or gently machine washing in a lingerie bag then hang dry by the gore, not dryer, it will break the wires and no one wants their wires poking them.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

aboywithgirls

I've been wearing a bra for most of my life and I do the same as John. I get about 3-4 wears out of my bra before I hand wash them. The exception is my sports bras. I actually take them into the shower with me and wash them with Olay body wash. I have a suction cup hook in the shower where I hang my sports bras to dry. 

Offline benusa

• Silver Member
Why do you wash sports bras in shower? Do they have a wire too?

aboywithgirls

Hi Ben 👋,

I wash my sports bra I  the shower out of pure convenience. Of course they get sweaty and can get stinky even after a single wear. So when I take my shower after my palates class, I wash my bra by hand and let it dry there too. It's clean and ready to go for another workout. 

My sports bras are underwire. I wear the Elomi Energize encapsulating sports bra. It has the best support of any sports bra that I've ever worn. I wear a 36H UK sizing. So, I need all the support that I can get.

Everyone has different things that they look for in a sports bra. I have found that an encapsulating underwire sports bra checks all the boxes for me. It gives me support, shape, and breast and self comfort. It helped me extend and intensify my workouts because my boobs were comfortable and they look good too 🥰

your sis,
😍🤗❤️🥰💋❣️
Sophie

Offline benusa

• Silver Member
I ordered another underwire bra so I can rotate them. I also ordered two wireless sports bras for yard work. I don’t plan to wear a bra in public but have really enjoyed one around home since I got my first one a week ago. I never intended to have more than two but I’m still experimenting.

Orb

Once you see the need and appreciate the comfort you'll find styles that help assist in those areas. 
Personally, I never thought I would have acquired the variety I now have either.

Offline benusa

• Silver Member
I’m looking forward to trying a couple different ones. I thought after wearing one at home for a week I might get tired of it but I’m still wearing it every evening.

Offline SideSet

Once you have seen how fully your breasts fill the cups of your bra, how comfortable it feels having your breasts contained in a bra and how good you look in a bra, there is no turning back. You have already realized you need to wear a bra as much as any woman does. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024