Author Topic: Mental adjustment after surgery  (Read 554 times)

Offline hatingdaboobs

• Posting Member
I have lived with b cups for at least 33 of my 44 years and I had surgery in July . The surgery was nothing , I didn't have any soreness or pain at all ,only some numbness when I touched where I was lipoed but that is almost all gone now. It has been a huge change in my life mentally , I knew gyne impacted much of my life but I have realized I let it chain me down so bad , it impacted every aspect of my life and many of my life choices from puberty on. I could write a book about it so here is the quick list, buying Clothes , meeting women, pools , lake , beach, anything social , breezes , public speaking , gym, sports. meeting new friends , work , school . Its a big adjustment but a wonderful one.  

Offline FredL

• Silver Member
Congratulations! I think our books would tell similar stories.

I’m just like you, but I had surgery at age 57. It was a combination of reasons. Gradual growth was bothering me. The COVID lock down made it so I could stay home and not be forced to do things during the recovery. And I have money in the bank. Also, I found this web site and read hundreds of posts and learned that I could really do this.

Surgery was Jan 2021. The anticipation was a bigger deal than the surgery itself. I’ve had dental surgery that was much worse. The compression vest was uncomfortable for those 6 weeks, but certainly tolerable.  The surgery caused me to lose weight and start working out every day for the first time in my life. Now, at age 59 I live in a body that looks better and works better than it did 30 years ago. My skin didn’t snap back like it would on a younger man, so I’m a little saggy. The shirt stays on. But I’m fine with that. Most guys my age should keep their shirts on.

Offline hatingdaboobs

• Posting Member
I have some excess skin too , I was hoping my skin would shrink enough to avoid skin excision but it didn't . I plan on having a second procedure hopefully in a few months to remove the excess skin. But even without the skin removal done yet, I feel like a different person.  I've lost 30 pounds in the last 6 months and i'm now at the weight I should be .I used to buy shirts based on how they hide my chest and hated shopping for clothes , now I somewhat enjoy it . I didn't want to date before and now i do . I was kind of an unorganized slob and didn't care about many things that most people did and now I have drive. I'm also learning to stand up straight which is harder to do than I thought it would be.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024