Author Topic: Few steps closer to surgery...  (Read 2282 times)

Offline MRD

• Gold Member
 Well guys, its been a while that i started saving up money to get the surgery...and right now im at about the 2000$ mark, that  means 3000$ more to go.
I've honestly been putting every dollar of my savings into my ''gyne fund'' Im living like a bum....having a hard time already paying for school, and school stuff and paying off some student loan debt. I don't spend any money on having fun or other normal things that most people my age spend their money on ( im 18 btw)

If all goes well and i continue working like a dog and going to school at same time and saving my every dollar I should have enough by about january or february of next year.

This is really hard, but at the same time im glad im getting closer and am extremely determined. Just felt like sharing that with you guys.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2006, 01:43:01 PM by MRD »

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
MRD....

Awesome Dude!   8)

It's not easy making the sacrifices that you have. I admire that!   ;)

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline MRD

• Gold Member
Thanks Grandpa Bambu  :D  I wish i wouldn't have to make these sacrafices, but its the only way. It would be cool if i could fast-forward my life a year, that would be awesome. That or, if i just found 3000$  somewhere  ;D

Offline MRD

• Gold Member
Graham_ashe, thanks for your input and i do understand that. However iv'e picked one of the top recommended surgeons for this, who does 100-150 of these procedures per year...im guessing thats why the price is set so high at 5000$  

The scarring issue is also largely decreased with his procedure, he makes only a tiny incision enough for a little device to go in and with that device he breaks away all the gland and takes out the fat....i think its called a PAL procedure.

I understand there is still a risk with any type of surgery, but im prepared to take it.  :)

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Also, prepare yourself for a not-so-perfect outcome with the surgery. It's quite  possible. I'm not trying to discourage you. I just hope you are thoroughly informed.

Graham.....

You are 100% right there Dude!  ;)

With any operation there are 'risks'. One of those risks is having surgery results that are less than 'expected'. A surgeon performing 150 Gyne surgeries a year at five Grand a pop, does not guarantee a surgery result that is 'acceptable' to the patient.

From what I have read over the last year and a half on this BBS, surgery 'expectations' vary greatly.

MRD....

Keep in mind Broh, Gynecomastic Reduction Surgery is a fix not a cure.

John.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 04:17:14 PM by Bambu »

Offline Grandpa Bambu

I think its called a PAL procedure.

MRD.....

You 'think' its called a PAL proceedure....

Dude.... you should know what it is called! You should be researching this proceedure to no end!

Do a Google search on 'PAL'. Find out what will be done to you.

Don't get me wrong here my man.... I not trying to criticize you. I'm just trying to help you make an informed decision....  ;)

When I decided to go with Dr. Fielding, who does 150+ Gyne surgeries a year (similar numbers to your surgeon), all I ever wanted was to be able to go out in public wearing a t-shirt and not the multiple layers that most gyne sufferers have become accustomed to. Yes, it was a gamble, as is any surgery. However,  I was very fourtunate to have a 'successful' ( in my opinion ) surgery.

Like I mentioned above, surgery is a 'gamble'. Be 'prepared' for the worst and 'hope' for the best....  ;)

John.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 04:59:56 PM by Bambu »

Offline MRD

• Gold Member
Thanks for the insight Bambu, well written :) And im not expecting any miracles, my case isnt that bad...rather a light case of gyne. But light case or not, it still bothers me.

Billy_Boy....i live in the toronto area.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024